XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tragedy has struck. I left the ignition on all day. Battery was reading 3v. Started it off a spare battery and jumper leads. It idled for 30 seconds before conking out. I assumed it died from low idle voltage so I went to start it again and give it some revs. I thought I heard the fan come on but the screen and everything was dead.

I charged the battery to 13.5V. Still dead. No fan this time. Over the phone the shop suggests I attempted to jump it reverse. I've been jumping old bikes and cars for years without fail so I think this is unlikely. I've checked the fuses under the seat. Could it be anything else?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm a very relieved idiot. It was the main fuse which was hiding under a white cover beneath one of the other fuse boxes. You have to lift the black fuse box off its mount to get the cover off the main fuse. I reckon it probably blew because I forgot to switch the bike off before connecting the leads the second time.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Phew ! Glad everything got figured out ! Could you possibly take pictures of the fuse box and the location of the main fuse ??

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yamaha was nice enough to supply a spare of each type of fuse. I'll take some photos when I replace the spare.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts