XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know it won't be to everyone's taste but I've just had my seat customised by Saddlecraft in South Shields. I wanted a seat with a hump and I'm really happy with the result! The seat now has a gel insert and its far more comfortable than stock! :smile2:

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts
Yeah thats nice, i like what they've done. How tricky was it too articulate requirements? Or did you just ask put a hump on it ;) could you provide some more pics from rear? And finally, expensive?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was easy to describe as he has loads of previous seats he'd fabricated and I just selected what I wanted and he sorted it! It cost £185 with the gel insert which I thought was decent. :wink2:

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts
Good to hear. I really like what they've done and definitely a good price. Having the benefit of seeing yours id maybe suggest a few tweaks and/or would perhaps now loose the mud guard/diff tail light e.g r&g tail tidy or like two40s. But definiely cool. :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good to hear. I really like what they've done and definitely a good price. Having the benefit of seeing yours id maybe suggest a few tweaks and/or would perhaps now loose the mud guard/diff tail light e.g r&g tail tidy or like two40s. But definiely cool. :)
Thanks! The only issue with the rear of my bike is the Akra is attached to the underside of the mudguard. Plus I commute every day on the bike and the current rear end stops quite a lot of splash going all over me!! I might get the Vintech rear light as it has a much smaller footprint...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts