XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

XSR 700 is my first naked bike and I must say, I'm suprised with the wind - really over 100km/h it's disturbing for me. My question is, whether the small windscreen that Yamaha offers in accessories would help? For me it seems very small but from the other side, I dont like the idea of large windscreen that would ruin the look of this beautiful bike... so assuming that I ride @ max 120/140 km/h and on average around 80-90km/h would this small windscreen do any difference? Any experience from Your side?

Thanks and take care
Rad

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
I havent tried the Yamaha scree but on other bikes I have been suprised by how much difference even a small screen makes..its the way it forces air over your helmet and off your chest that makes the difference..

·
Registered
324 Posts
Compared to not having one at all, any windscreen would help. Not sure if the small one will keep the air off your head but it should keep some wind off your torso.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I tried with and without it, I currently have the small fly screen on. It's a bit better with, especially on the chest, but not miraculous either. In other hand, you will get use to it and you will have a strong neck :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
20 Posts
Interesting ... however it really ruins the look of the bike... so either I get used to wind or get used to an ugly look with big windscreen :)))

I'll stay without the screen ... I'm mostly commuting - no long trips ...

Thanks guys for Your comments!

take care
Rade

Hi all,
I got this little screen from Puig, dead easy to fit, helps on the motorways, and I think doesn't detract from the looks.....Im happy..:smile2:

Attachments

·
Registered
400 Posts
That's unfortunate since having that ability to swap parts can go a long way. It might even be possible to rig together some brackets form the hardware store with washers and screws to make it work, just a few more dollars added to your purchase price of the shield

·
Registered
226 Posts
Thanks for your answers.

Today I visited my local Yamaha dealer and checked both bikes... I think it would fir the XSR700 if I am not mistaken.

Anyway, found a forum about the XSR900 and asked a guy who just installed it for more pictures of the fitting parts. Let´s see what he sends.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi all,
I got this little screen from Puig, dead easy to fit, helps on the motorways, and I think doesn't detract from the looks.....Im happy..:smile2:

I also finally decided to go with puig and it's great! Really helps with the wind... however I tried to fit this like on your photos but the windscreen was moving up and down - could not fix it so I moved this a bit closer to the speedometer and it's ok & looks better I think...

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Attachments

1 - 20 of 49 Posts