XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Yamaha XSR 700
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
I discovered a couple of years ago that there was a crack in the mirror housing on both sides, around the joint where the mirror mounts to the arm. I didn't do anything about it because the mirror seemed to be sitting well enough, but with time these cracks have become more pronounced. Yesterday, I reached up to adjust my mirror (with fairly little force, mind you) and the housing just crumbled away and the mirror came off in my hand.

Someone else posted that Yamaha had sent them new mirrors out of the blue because the old ones failed their QC standards... I'm wondering, does anyone know if there's been a recall or something? This doesn't feel like the sort of thing that should be happening to mirrors after five years.
Bicycle handlebar Automotive tire Bicycle Vehicle Bicycle part

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hi,
although it's never good when things wear out after only 5 years you have to remember this is a budget bike. Everything is made of plastic. But, if you look on the bright side, you can choose a new pair to match your style.. :)

·
Registered
2017 Yamaha XSR 700
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,
although it's never good when things wear out after only 5 years you have to remember this is a budget bike. Everything is made of plastic. But, if you look on the bright side, you can choose a new pair to match your style.. :)
Oh don't you worry, my new Rizoma One mirrors are on their way as we speak ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts