XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
It's definitely not an official one, there is one similar to that on the xv950 but not the same, so they must be offering you the standard one.
Had a quick google but it's not showing much...

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_pg_2?rh=k:motorbike+retro+fairing,n:248877031&page=2&keywords=motorbike+retro+fairing&ie=UTF8&qid=1486716790

Found those in amazon, just sent a message to Puig to see if it could be used on the XSR. I think its the best looking one
Last time i enquired about that puig fairing, it was still being developed. Puig website shows it available for the XSR700 but can't find a price... and i agree it is the best looking one.
http://www.puig.tv/tuning-bikes/yamaha-xsr700-2016/retro-fairing/c171en/f1-r417-m7226/

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Can i ask is it the hark back to the retro cafe racers of old that u want to replicate or is it for wind deflection etc

·
Registered
5 Posts
For me it was that i didn't like the headlight so after pondering other headlight options i thought what about a fairing? After looking at many i decided against it. Then i stumbled on s2-concept and liked it. I've noticed a marked difference in wind pressure on my mid section but without lower bars and a lower riding position the helmet still gets a good blasting. I'm definately riding faster though! Good or bad thing?

·
Registered
216 Posts
I like the look mate. Pleased for ya and it has a practicle use aswell as makes you ride faster lol

·
Registered
185 Posts
Last time i enquired about that puig fairing, it was still being developed. Puig website shows it available for the XSR700 but can't find a price... and i agree it is the best looking one.
http://www.puig.tv/tuning-bikes/yamaha-xsr700-2016/retro-fairing/c171en/f1-r417-m7226/
Yamaboy it is not the same. The one I posted is a bit taller and not so round on the top. Do a comparison and you will see the differences. The only thing that concerns me is that Puig has it available only for BMWs and Triumph.

·
Registered
321 Posts
For me it was that i didn't like the headlight so after pondering other headlight options i thought what about a fairing? After looking at many i decided against it. Then i stumbled on s2-concept and liked it. I've noticed a marked difference in wind pressure on my mid section but without lower bars and a lower riding position the helmet still gets a good blasting. I'm definately riding faster though! Good or bad thing?
I'm often on the fence about the way the headlight looks and have contemplated different headlight designs but at the end, it's still essentially the same. I think the s2 concept looks amazing. Great choice!

·
Registered
321 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
I'm often on the fence about the way the headlight looks and have contemplated different headlight designs but at the end, it's still essentially the same. I think the s2 concept looks amazing. Great choice!
Im the same way when it come to the actual lighting part and for that the whole next generation (as i like to call it) of lighting is addressing my core issue with older systems. Harley's Daymaker light setup is a prime example:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts