XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1.6C, wet road, leaves. Stay safe out there guys and ride with proper care as it's almost as slippery as ice.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I almost always try not to ride in conditions less than ideal, if I do its because I didn't plan for it. That's the beauty of just riding for please than because you need to, along with having a cage you can retreat to when the weather sucks..

Now this serves as a reminder to why I need to move down south :(

·
Registered
324 Posts
Nope, I almost took a dive once on a rainy day and have since avoided wet days like the plague. Not worth it when I have a perfectly good car with a roof that can block out all the cold and rain.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Yep same here...fair weather riding for me too.
I did most of my lessons in the rain and on my test i had rain,sleet,snow...!! not something i wish to repeat..!! still passed though:grin2:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know majority of people, including myself, get off two wheels BEFORE it gets wet and that cold, but I also know there are a few people out there that'll take the chances and the only thing we can do is help provide some tips lol. But the smartest thing to do is avoid a situation altogether and put em' away.

·
Registered
324 Posts
If you're really stuck on wet roads, brake gently!! You do not want to start aquaplaning and make sure there's ample space between you and the vehicle in front. Those white lines on the road and metal plates/manholes are going to be very slippery, best to dodge them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Speaking from the UK where the sun is always shining :) I ride in wet weather by purpose sometimes just so I can practice my control so If I ever do get caught in the rain I'm aware of my bikes and my own abilities.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Speaking from the UK where the sun is always shining :) I ride in wet weather by purpose sometimes just so I can practice my control so If I ever do get caught in the rain I'm aware of my bikes and my own abilities.
See, now that is smart. Putting yourself out there with the intention of learning for emergency situations. Just gotta stay safe my friend !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts