XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
One of my peeves for the XSR is its lack of under seat storage especially for that must have tire repair kit. I've had to repair two tires on the road and wouldn't leave home without one. Mine is one that allows you to install a length of oakum infused string in the puncture hole with some adhesive coating it and then inflate with three CO2 cartridges. It won't fully inflate the tire, but will get it close enough to make it to a gas station for full inflation.

Anyway, cut a section out of the seat pan to accommodate both the bag that contains the shock spring spanner and an additional wrench as well as the tire fix kit. Pan was cut with a composite cut-off disc on a die grinder and the foam was cut with a cylindrical bur on the die grinder. The foam cutting made a huge mess with a cloud of foam dust even with a vacuum cleaner pointed at it so if you do it, wear some old clothes, goggles and a respirator.

Not pretty, but does the job.

Also - not concerned about what this does to passenger accommodation since I can't remember the last time I carried one. If you do routinely carry a passenger it might not be so comfy for them.

Hood Automotive lighting Bumper Sports gear Motor vehicle

Bumper Bag Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Electric blue

·
Registered
362 Posts
not bad idea, I throw my repair kit and tools in a saddlebag but I have never needed it yet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts