XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After Jay from Corbin told me they couldn't make me a solo seat (they already have for another forum member) I waited three weeks and this bad boy showed up.

Misaligned stitching, a pan that looks like it was shaped by someone learning on the job, and a nose angle that in no way resembles the tank angle. After bending the mounting tongue as much as possible I can no longer get my whole hand in the gap. But it still looks awful. I had to uninstall and reinstall it a dozen times to believe my eyes.

Looking at Corbin's BBB page and other forums they have an awful rep for customer service on fitment issues like this. I fully expect it will come to a credit card charge back.

But even if they make it right, be warned this is the kind of quality craftsmanship you may be about to drop nearly $600 on. I will update this regarding their customer service.

·
Registered
294 Posts
That does look bad. I've had 4 Corbin seats, Honda, Moto Guzzi, and 2 Yamahas, including my XSR700 currently. I've never seen one looking as bad as this one. None have fit quite right meeting the tank, but it has never bothered me. But yes, at almost $600, this one should never have left the Quality Control person. And, I have found their Customer Service via e-mail is worse than terrible, but always had good phone response. Consider disputing the charge with your credit card if no satisfaction received from Corbin.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Corbin response is gap will close when the bushings break in. I call BS. Bushings are in the back, if they break down the problem will get worse.

I also sat fully geared right on the nose to force it down. Still a massive gap. And the fiberglass shouldn't break in, ever.

Also compare to pic I found from another owner on this forum. One of these things is not like the other.

So his is wrong or mine is. Either way the QC sucks.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Disappointing. I had a corbin seat on my Indian Scout and really liked it. I was considering getting one for the XSR down the road, but this is troubling.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts