XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Nice review. That said, a Corbin will feel a whole lot different in 1000 miles, yes they do break in.
One point, if I paid that much(Corbins have went up!) and it had a 1/2 gap at the tank, it would go back for an adjustment.
G.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Nice review. That said, a Corbin will feel a whole lot different in 1000 miles, yes they do break in.
One point, if I paid that much(Corbins have went up!) and it had a 1/2 gap at the tank, it would go back for an adjustment.
G.
Totally aware of Corbin break in. I have one on my other bike. 5k miles on it. Still feels great. Since I didn't buy this from Corbin I can't send it back to Corbin. I got it off a guy in this forum for $200 shipped. I've also fixed the 1/2 in gap. I took a heat gun to the seat pan, bent it forward half an inch, let it cool down... no more gap. :)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Totally aware of Corbin break in. I have one on my other bike. 5k miles on it. Still feels great. Since I didn't buy this from Corbin I can't send it back to Corbin. I got it off a guy in this forum for $200 shipped. I've also fixed the 1/2 in gap. I took a heat gun to the seat pan, bent it forward half an inch, let it cool down... no more gap. :)
That’s a hell of a deal. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t jealous.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Cool beans! The Corbin on my DR650 feels better at 26,000 miles than when it was new in 2006.
G.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So here's an interesting update.... I just spoke to Corbin today since one of my subscribers told me the XSR Gunfighter Solo seat page was down on Corbin.com. Apparently they have temporarily discontinued the seat so they can work on making a seat mould that address the 1/2 gap between the seat and tank. I thought that was pretty cool news. I'll keep tracking this one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts