XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I was wondering if you guys know any cool headlight replacement that would fit the line of my bike. I’m stuck on this. Can’t figure out which headlight style I want (short, inside fork, or long head). What I know is I want led. I have seen the Motodemic headlight. But looks heavy in my opinion and super expensive. I know also about the halo headlight they put on xsr made but bunker custom, but can’t find it. Anyway if you know or have made headlight replacement, it would be nice if you could share pictures, links. Thank you :).
123DDB55-DABB-4DC8-90FA-B8D98812F821_1519549884044.jpg 7FC7C838-0233-49DA-ADD6-DCB2D481AD90_1519549941545.jpg 59AB0130-CD67-4316-8B69-214FF82D33AC_1519549905014.jpg

·
Registered
16 Posts
Im sure you've already seen it but JVB has a head light unit that is pretty sick. I bought LED light and once I save up for the JVB unit im going to instal it in there.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I hate the look of the motodemic LED light arrays, but the bucket itself would look pretty slick with the short bracket. The JVB mount may work but with your short tail it may give the bike a squished in look

·
Registered
294 Posts

You may want to check if this is specifically designed for left or right hand drive, as these units do often have an asymmetric beam pattern so as not to blind oncoming traffic.
Although most replacement headlights coming out of the USA or China are built for those markets, I notice this is being sold by an Australian store so they may be custom (as they drive on the other side).
Would be interested to see if the bezel is available separately so a high-end LED Headlight w/ Halo can be fitted (i.e. VisionX Vortex. The headlight used in the above part is probably just a cheap sub $100 Chinese unit commonly available on ebay and aliexpress).

·
Registered
294 Posts
You may want to check if this is specifically designed for left or right hand drive, as these units do often have an asymmetric beam pattern so as not to blind oncoming traffic.
Although most replacement headlights coming out of the USA or China are built for those markets, I notice this is being sold by an Australian store so they may be custom (as they drive on the other side).
Would be interested to see if the bezel is available separately so a high-end LED Headlight w/ Halo can be fitted (i.e. VisionX Vortex. The headlight used in the above part is probably just a cheap sub $100 Chinese unit commonly available on ebay and aliexpress).

Update on this - headlight is non-drive-side spcific, so can be used anywhere and unfortunately the bezel isn't available seperately.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hello everyone. I haven’t post you guys updated about my headlight unfortunately. I couldn’t find none that I like so I decided to build it myself.

Attachments

·
Registered
177 Posts
I cannot open your pics :(
You can use postimage and upload your pics (postimage.org)
Then put the direct link of your pics like that on the forum :

V

·
Registered
177 Posts
I love the headlight with your handmade fiber work !
Can you explain your mod ?

·
Registered
40 Posts
When I went to install the Purpose Built headlight I discovered that the bolts on the side of the Purpose Built headlight were larger in diameter than stock. Rather than drill the mounting holes larger in the stock brackets I ordered headlight brackets from Brogue Motorcycles and modified those. I also installed "pindicators" from Morimoto.

The pindicators are similar to the Motogadget m-Blaze pins but cost $35 a pair rather than $90. They also have a running light option, where I believe the m-Blaze pins do not. And you have an option of white or yellow for the running lights. The downside is that they have very long wires. Given that the Purpose Built headlight doesn't have a can I have some wire management to do to tame the mess.

I don't have the halo light hooked up yet. It requires tapping into the low beam wire and I didn't want to cut the wire harness that came with the bike. When I pulled the stock headlight off I discovered that the headlight has a "mini" harness that plugs into the bikes wiring harness for just the headlight and indicators. Rather than cobble a harness together from aftermarket parts for the halo light I ordered the OEM "mini" harness and will be soldering Y into the low beam in order to power the halo. Oddly enough, the EOM "mini" harness was reasonably priced. Go figure. It should show up this week.

This headlight and speedo combo look pretty exposed. I think the setup would benefit from either a Dart Piranha windscreen or the Motodemic gauge cover (hopefully it's released soon!)

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Enjoy /forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

https://i.postimg.cc/c018zxJC/45189557-0_CD9-411_B-8_E5_A-_FE42_BA0_E81_CB.jpg[/img

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/y7b99Msd/C6_AB4_C6_E-_F171-485_B-927_E-6_E36975_C9177.jpg
What is that headlight? 🧐🧐 Looks sexy as **** 😍🤑

1 - 20 of 37 Posts