XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

I'm considering trading my '18 GSX-S1000F for an '18 XSR700. My main motivator is a neutral seating position and classic styling (considered cruisers but not my thing aesthetically). I thought that I'd be comfortable on the GSX-S since it's a handlebar, but I'm wondering if the XSR would be a better choice. I also don't need the ridiculous power of the GSX-S.

I've read that the ergonomics are more relaxed on the XSR vs the MT - that's true, correct? Here's what I'm seeing on cycle-ergo:

I'm thinking with some bar-back risers on the XSR, I can knock it down to close to a zero degree forward lean angle if necessary. I'm 6'1" and I've heard the XSR is great for taller riders and hoping this bike is the ticket for me and riding comfort.

Thoughts? I haven't test ridden one yet since every dealership in my area says "no test rides" - stupid. How am I supposed to know if I like the bike?? Rant over but your thoughts are appreciated - thank you!

P.S. - I'm also seeing the MT09 with an even more relaxed seating position. Anyone out there who has ridden the MT09?

·
Registered
315 Posts
I've had an FZ07, FZ09, and now the XSR700. I'm 5'6" and about 145-150 lbs. They all seemed to fit me pretty well but the XSR just seems to be the one that fits me the best, both as far a ergo's go and power. The XSR900 or MT09 has far more power though, perhaps too much. I find the XSR700 has enough power to do anything either in the twisties or the open road and it's far easier on a tank of gas than the triple is.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks guys. I'm also checking out the Versys 650 LT, which is obviously a totally different direction. Thank you!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts