XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. So I usually use my bike for relatively short commutes (less than an hour), but the other day took my 700 out for a few hours of fun riding. Gotta say, towards the end of the ride, my man-parts were going numb and I was having to stand on my pegs to get blood flow back. I'm 6'2"(188cm) and 185lbs (84kg).

Does anyone have success with an aftermarket seat that makes longer rides more bearable? I'm based in Canada.

Thanks!

· Registered
312 Posts
Check out the Corbin seat. They have the dual (Gunfighter and Lady) or solo seat (Gunfighter) that tapers down at rear, not suitable for passenger. On their website you need to look at the XSR900 to view the solo model, because it is (or was when I ordered mine) custom build (no extra charge). I have had Corbin on 4 different bikes and recommend them.

· Registered
2 Posts
Check out the Corbin seat. They have the dual (Gunfighter and Lady) or solo seat (Gunfighter) that tapers down at rear, not suitable for passenger. On their website you need to look at the XSR900 to view the solo model, because it is (or was when I ordered mine) custom build (no extra charge). I have had Corbin on 4 different bikes and recommend them.
Could I see a picture of yours. I've seen another person's and it looked kinda wonky in the solo seat configuration. The back part was long instead of the xsr900 is more spherical. Thanks!

· Registered
132 Posts
After 31.000 km on my XSR I purchased a XTribute.

In my opinion this seat is higher and more comfortable than the XSR seat.
And it fits without problems on each XSR.

· Registered
781 Posts
I would recommend you go to a local reputatble automobile upholsterer and see what they can do. Not furniture upholsterers, but one that does street rod and show car work can do what you are looking for. If you do that you also may be able to test out a seat foam configuration before upholstering to see if it is adequately comfortable. Aka take a ride on the seat foam before doing the work of tailoring the cover. I've done it a few times and had decent results.

· Registered
327 Posts
KLX678 has a good suggestion. If you'd prefer to check with custom motorcycle seat shops, here are some you can contact. Some won't do a lower seat due to having less material and that makes it difficult or impossible on some bikes to make a comfortable seat. If you're close enough to ride over and discuss the project with one of these, that may help, but it's common to do mail in and I've had very good luck with two mail in custom seats, and not so much one one other over the last ~20 years.

Terry's Custom Seats in TN

Chris Laam custom motorcycle seats in CA

Kontour seat in AZ

Steve Gowing in CO

Rich's Custom seats in WA

Legendary Best motorcycle seats in CA (formerly BMS)

Fisher Seats in ID (mostly know for dirt bike and dual sport work)

Russell Cycle Products in CA (for reference, they don't do low seats. A 'Sport Day-Long' would be an option for some that didn't need lowering.)

There are certainly more, but these are all proven providers with their fans. Different techniques and beliefs. All will cost you more than your local auto upholstery shop, but may meet your needs well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts