XSR 700 Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Got the Hurricane fat swallows on today. All I can say is wow. It's like the bike was actually designed for these ergos. Windblasts aren't an issue anymore, and you really don't give up too much comfort. I used to have an issue finding the right spot in the seat. No more. The actually bring you more forward than down so might not be good for short riders. All predrilled holes lined up fine. Pics attached.
Hey there. I was considering making the same upgrade to yourself, what year was your xsr700 made? I have a 2016 model and I fear that this bar may not be compatible with my bike.

The listing on the japan.webike page (the only site I can find that will ship to australia) mentions only 2017+ onwards. Is anyone able to chime in regarding the compatibility of these bars.

Regards

Alex

·
Registered
24 Posts
Got the Hurricane fat swallows on today. All I can say is wow. It's like the bike was actually designed for these ergos. Windblasts aren't an issue anymore, and you really don't give up too much comfort. I used to have an issue finding the right spot in the seat. No more. The actually bring you more forward than down so might not be good for short riders. All predrilled holes lined up fine. Pics attached.
I ordered a set of these yesterday and can't wait for them to arrive. Any issues during the install of the throttle cable?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I ordered a set of these yesterday and can't wait for them to arrive. Any issues during the install of the throttle cable?
I had an issue with mine, and had to sand the "nub" off in order to place the throttle body where it needed to be in order to not bind. But others have installed with no problems, so hopefully your install will go smoother than mine.

(note, I changed my order from the 900 clubman bars to the hurricane, based on some forum posts and the general nature of the position of the 900 bars vs the hurricanes)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had an issue with mine, and had to sand the "nub" off in order to place the throttle body where it needed to be in order to not bind. But others have installed with no problems, so hopefully your install will go smoother than mine.

(note, I changed my order from the 900 clubman bars to the hurricane, based on some forum posts and the general nature of the position of the 900 bars vs the hurricanes)
Awesome, thanks for the response.

The clubman bars look cool, but just don't seem too practical for a commuting bike. I have an R1 for when I want to be uncomfortable :)

Looking forward to the hurricanes. They seem to be exactly the height I want.

·
Registered
24 Posts

Any photos?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here you go!
Hi Troy,

I recently got an xsr700 and I want to give it a more café racer style. I do not want to make any mistakes that will cost me more money in the long run so I have a few questions for you if you do not mind. From what I have read you installed the Clubman for the 900 and it fit the stock clamps on the 700? Does the speedometer still sit on the same spot? did you have to change the cables or did you leave the stock ones?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi Troy,

I recently got an xsr700 and I want to give it a more café racer style. I do not want to make any mistakes that will cost me more money in the long run so I have a few questions for you if you do not mind. From what I have read you installed the Clubman for the 900 and it fit the stock clamps on the 700? Does the speedometer still sit on the same spot? did you have to change the cables or did you leave the stock ones?
Hey there, sorry for the late reply! I didn't have to change anything stock. I did relocate the speedo, but that was out of personal preference, not out of need. I didn't have to change anything to do with the cables either. I hope that helps.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts