XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the 19" front wheel fron a Yamaha XVS950 V twin custom, fitted with a single disc from a Vee Max, mounted on an adapter ring and using the XVS brake caliper.
I bought this bike from Chris and have found it thoroughly satisfactory.
The single disc works well and I have never felt the need for an improvement. The bike has been MOT'd and no fault was found with it.
It comes with a S/S braided brake hose, and spacers to allow the XVS hub to fit to the XSR forks and wheel spindle. The ABS sender mounts, via a S/S bracket, to the brake caliper on the near side where the XVS ABS sender ring is mounted and the ABS system works as it should.
I think Chris put this set up on the bike to make it more suitable for guiding trail riding tours in Morocco, and it has been described as giving the XSR a "Desert Sled" look.
I am only taking it off my bike because I may be selling it soon and think it will sell better in more standard trim.
With the 19" wheel the bike does have perceptibly a less quick turn in than with the 17", but the 19" does not make the bike ponderous or unpleasant in any other way, and obviously, over rougher roads would give a smoother ride. The wheel has a part worn Conti Trail Attack tyre with plenty of miles left in it.

I thought I would advertise it on the forum first, as the bike has been mentioned before, and it would be better if it went to somebody who would use on an XSR rather than just sold as separate parts on Ebay.
I can email photos of the parts. Price for the whole kit £175.00 + P&P Located in Somerset UK.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I already have an XSR front guard fitted with the 17" wheel.
The front guard used by Chris will be inclded with the kit.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello,

I am interested in this; I followed that blog and have been using my XSR in the dirt quite a bit; the extra ground clearance would be helpful. I am in the USA but I imagine we can work out shipping.

Edit: post count isn't high enough yet to message you, if you message me I can reply I think

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunately as all the trans atlantic carriers rate even a bare wheel with no tyre on it as a "Prohibited Item" this wheel, disc & caliper (and tyre, if you want it) is still for sale, but sadly, only within the UK.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts