XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Nithin like taking a perfectly good motorcycle and installing a piece of junk on it that will wake the dead and pull less power than stock. Yup sounds like a good decision to me.????

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a bit harsh isn't it. The material is good, the bends are good, the welds are good...Just the end can design isn't good, but that's the easiest part to change. It's lost a bit of torque, but when I tune the ECU that will change.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Looks are indeed good but the sound is not, at least for me. From your video it sound rather tinny and with little resonance. It needs a bigger can for deeper sound (and possibly a little bit muffled?)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The sound is definitely not tinny. More boomy. It's stupid really. But I'm happy with the rest of the system, so now it's just a case of finding the right size can that works... waiting for payday, then I'll go check a few seconds hand bike shops and try a few cans on it.

·
Registered
294 Posts
The sound is definitely not tinny. More boomy. It's stupid really. But I'm happy with the rest of the system, so now it's just a case of finding the right size can that works... waiting for payday, then I'll go check a few seconds hand bike shops and try a few cans on it.

Might just be easier to fit an after-market baffle. Just needs to match the internal diameter of the pipe.
They are generally available in various sizes (even on aliexpress - see link below) but can easily be made up by a metal working shop.
The added back-pressure should also improve the performance issue you've noticed and may negate the need for an ECU tune/flash.

https://www.aliexpress.com/popular/motorcycle-muffler-baffles.html

·
Registered
320 Posts
The main thing is that you are satisfied with the exhaust system!
What others think does not matter that is your motorcycle.

I am quite the opposite of buying cheap
I like quality and am willing to pay for it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm happy with the exhaust system itself, just not the end can. It's too loud. I'll buy a properly made end can when payday comes around. Maybe a Yoshimura...

·
Registered
50 Posts
A classic yoshi badged exhaust can would look awesome. Let us know if you get one!

I loved the full yoshi system on my GSXR, just the right sound without being obnoxious.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts