XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it me or is it harder to get those chicken strips down due to how domed the rear tyre of these pirellis are? Im not afraid to lean into a bend or 2 but im also not a knee down guy but i cant get the chicken strip much past the edge of the retro tread......

Perhaps im being a woosie? But my friend corners at a similar speed to myself on his fireblade and his are only half a cm or so but he has a broad tyre surface.....

·
Registered
91 Posts
I am a good inch away from the edges of my tires but I am no knee downer that's for sure!

I have noticed when I do lean into a corner that its almost like it dives over into a bigger lean when I get to a certain point.?

Either the tyres or my bad riding?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I honestly think its the domed shape of the tyre. This helps the flickability of the bike but also means even at a decent lean angle short of scraping your hero pegs you wont get near that edge.doesnt bother me by any means just a thought on it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
LOL, seems that i corner "better" to the left. At least if you have a look at the wear on my tires..

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ride it harder,lean it over more. I lean further on this than i do my R6 as I'm not trying to hang off the bike whilst cornering.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I did a long ride this weekend together with an R6 and a cbr100rr. I managed to follow them so I was riding a bit harder than usual ( still sensible), and for first time in this bike I touched with the hero pegs on tarmac (both sides). I knew I was leaning quite decently but I didn't expect to touch the road so it got me a bit by surprise and scared the **** out of me, jeje. Other than that tyres felt quite grippy, like them...

I did just change the back tyre before this ride and I checked them after, I'm not far of the edge... 1 cm or so

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats it.. . i have about a cm left and if your hitting the hero pegs its obviously not doable with them in place due to the profile of the tyre

1 - 9 of 9 Posts