XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. After all the changes I did on my bike and all the kilometers I put on(30 000). I decided to give this bike a new refit. I wanted first to sell it to go to bigger. But **** I love this engine and the weight of this bike (I got to take out lot of weight on it). So I decided to go 100% and change what I didn’t like about this bike : Suspensions

I don’t want to improve them with some $1500 Ohlins kits or anything.

My plan is to make something like Ducati did with the new desert sled scrambler 2019. Which is put an inverted super motard fork on it.

I understand that it means I have to change also the fork triple tree to adapt to the bigger fork tubes.

I understand also that it will make the front higher than original, and it’s exactly what I’m looking for. To not loose the balance of the bike I found this piece that makes you gain 3 cm on the back part of the bike. https://www.la-becanerie.com/moto/partie-cycle/amortisseurs/kit-de-rehausse-de-selle-tecnium-type-3-yamaha-mt-07.html?gclid=Cj0KEQjw0_O-BRCfjsCw25CYzYoBEiQAqO9BDPG2rrj6vCq_is6S8M1fRwh1YG3KfJxy9B04nMVzZbEaAjWT8P8HAQ

I’m looking for advice on which fork triple tree can fit on xsr. And if you of anyone that did this, any information; Fork size, which Fork fits well, how about the jantes and breaks. Can I still use the one from xsr or should I change these also.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi!

I know that Cognito moto (sales at CognitoMoto.com) are in-house developing a triple tree for changing the OEM forks for the Yamaha R6 forks. It also means more work with the brakes and wheels, but like you, I think the forks and rear shock is the drawback of the XSR700. They do not respond to uneven surfaces like other bikes I have ridden.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh thank you I didn’t know about them. They make triple trees but not for xsr or Fz07. I need to check if these could fit on xsr. I’ll do some research when I can and let you guys update.

I’m also realizing that Yamaha is making a new Tenere t7 for 2019 (same engines and chassis as Fz and xsr700), except it has a big inverted trail fork. Anyone know which fork they using. Or maybe should I just wait for it to come out so I can buy its triple tree to Yamaha?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Oh thank you I didn’t know about them. They make triple trees but not for xsr or Fz07. I need to check if these could fit on xsr. I’ll do some research when I can and let you guys update.
They are working on their custom XSR700, when they finish all their parts will be available online.

I’m also realizing that Yamaha is making a new Tenere t7 for 2019 (same engines and chassis as Fz and xsr700), except it has a big inverted trail fork. Anyone know which fork they using. Or maybe should I just wait for it to come out so I can buy its triple tree to Yamaha?
This is what I am waiting to see. If the frame is similar enough we may be able to bolt an xsr subframe, tank, and headlight to a Tenere700 chassis. The worst problem in scrambler-ing our bike is the engine is a stressed member so bottoming out too hard could snap the suspension mount on the crank case.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I contacted cognimoto like a month ago and they told me that they should have things ready for the xsr700 within a couple of months.
My advice would be to wait, but know that their conversion kit can be expensive...

They are also working on a tail tiddy and custom reservoir tank panels.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
I contacted cognimoto like a month ago and they told me that they should have things ready for the xsr700 within a couple of months.
My advice would be to wait, but know that their conversion kit can be expensive...

They are also working on a tail tiddy and custom reservoir tank panels.
As of today (July 25, 2020) Cognito still hasn't posted the XSR7 triples on their site. I also contacted them and they said "we're working on it". Got a set of R6 forks just staring at me everyday, waiting for these triples.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Love my XSR7, but now everything in reason is done to it have decided I'll chop it in for an XSR900 in a couple of years.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Love my XSR7, but now everything in reason is done to it have decided I'll chop it in for an XSR900 in a couple of years.
You have to do those massive indicators again.:)
And most of those mods you did don't bring up the resale at all. Just the way it is. All my mods were done for me which I'm sure is the same for you. Someday I hope to get a z900rs. But years from now. Then when I'm retired a comfy dresser I can ride with my wife. I still want to put way more miles on this bike.

·
Registered
173 Posts
You have to do those massive indicators again.:)
And most of those mods you did don't bring up the resale at all. Just the way it is. All my mods were done for me which I'm sure is the same for you. Someday I hope to get a z900rs. But years from now. Then when I'm retired a comfy dresser I can ride with my wife. I still want to put way more miles on this bike.
[/QUOTE

True Dan, am happy with the mods done and appreciate they won't add to the resale, I'll enjoy the bike until its paid off, as I use it to commute to work its as much a tool as it is a toy. 300 miles a week will wreck the resale value after three years in any case!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts