XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi happy XSR 700 owners,

I know that some of you decided to replace the stock headlight bulb for a LED one. Anyone know if it's possible to do the same with the rear light ? (the red one, not the blinkers).
I don't want to change the whole light, the best for me would be to switch the bulb for a LED.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Hi happy XSR 700 owners,

I know that some of you decided to replace the stock headlight bulb for a LED one. Anyone know if it's possible to do the same with the rear light ? (the red one, not the blinkers).
I don't want to change the whole light, the best for me would be to switch the bulb for a LED.
The standard tail light/stop light is already an LED one.

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hum.... Ok I feel a little bit dumb right now...
I was pretty sure it wasn't since it's really really not powerfull. I was expecting far better from a LED light :-/

·
Registered
294 Posts
Hum.... Ok I feel a little bit dumb right now...
I was pretty sure it wasn't since it's really really not powerfull. I was expecting far better from a LED light :-/

The official after-market one offered by Yamaha (by Vintech) is much better in every way - smaller, better looking, more solidly constructed and brighter.
It's also completely plug and play, with regards to the wiring and fitment to the bike.
(Photos courtesy of other XSR owners)

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The official after-market one offered by Yamaha (by Vintech) is much better in every way - smaller, better looking, more solidly constructed and brighter.
It's also completely plug and play, with regards to the wiring and fitment to the bike.
(Photos courtesy of other XSR owners)
I love the light itself but I find the housing a little bit to much smaller...
Still think about changing the stock one for the Vintech.
Do you have other pics of the rear of your bike please ?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found some pictures of the Vintech tail light on the web and I must admit it looks pretty cool.
I'm thinking about buying this one and paint it in black mat with epoxy in order for it to looks like a little bit less "plastic".

·
Registered
294 Posts
I found some pictures of the Vintech tail light on the web and I must admit it looks pretty cool.
I'm thinking about buying this one and paint it in black mat with epoxy in order for it to looks like a little bit less "plastic".
The casing of the Vintech is metal and it's already in a satin-matte Black/Charcoal colour.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I've got the vintech with a rack / single seat and it looks way better than the stock

I unfortunately managed to catch the stock light with my dodgy leg a few times hence the change - so the smaller vintech wins for me!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to (or because of) you guys I'm going to buy the Vintech rear light !

After watching some pics on the web, I now find the stock tail light a little bit too big for the rear mud guard :-/. The Vintech fit the overall design of the bike far better than the stock one, plus it looks far brighter.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you very much.
I find this rear light very beautiful and very bright. I was afraid it would be a little bit to small but it fit perfectly the rear mud guard size. I was also afraid it would be cheap but I'm relieved now I know the housing is made out of metal
I'll put some pics once done.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts