XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a bike jack but I am thinking adding a centre stand or spools? anyone add the center stand?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've also purchased the spool/chain adjusters from belissimoto. They are set to arrive tomorrow.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Easy install. I wasn’t sure how the end adjuster would remain in the swing arm one the axle was removed. I was thinking it would be sketchy leaving the bike on the rear stand with the spools and mounts would slide right out the end of the swing arm since the axle is what holds it in.

Turns out the end caps and spools have a small cam system that holds it in the swing arm. A bit like so,e after market bar end mirrors, genius! Btw, top notch parts

I can’t attach a photo with my iPhone.

https://imgur.com/4WG0DQR

Reactions: Wulf

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi guys,

This post is old, but I figured it would be better to keep all the info in one place.

In order to install a set of spools, you need to replace the rear axle nut with the spool/slider or you just place it "over it" and tighten??

Thanks!

·
Registered
312 Posts
No need to remove axle or nuts, just loosen axle, and install new ends with spools on them. I recommend to use blue loctite on spool threads, one of mine loosened and I noticed when almost came off when lifting last week.

·
Super Moderator
721 Posts
Spools offer the benefit of light weight and are more discreet on the bike than a centre stand. But, you obviously need a lift as well to get the wheel off the ground. A centre stand will add weight, doesn't look pretty and may reduce ground clearance a bit...but it will mean your bike is more upright and stable when loading luggage or lashing down on a ferry. It also aids chain lubing, or rear wheel removal if you're caught with a rear wheel puncture, on a tour. I always fit a centre stand on adventure bikes, though it's a bit more debatable on a more sports styled bike. Personally, on the XSR I'd go with spools, but that's just a personal choice.

Reactions: dan1

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have spools on mine but as they are on a bar that slides up the rear spindle they are a bit pointless. To adjust the chain you have to remove the spools to loosen the spindle nut so in my case swap out the raising hooks on my lift for rubbers. Eye candy and nothing more.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I have spools on mine but as they are on a bar that slides up the rear spindle they are a bit pointless. To adjust the chain you have to remove the spools to loosen the spindle nut so in my case swap out the raising hooks on my lift for rubbers. Eye candy and nothing more.
Good as sliders and to clean and wax you chain but yea.

These would be the recommendation:

Gilles has some too for $10 more. These seem like newer tech.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts