XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just wondering, what is the best way to carry a second helmet with you while you are riding alone (any going to pick-up someone)? What are some of the options that are commonly used by riders?

Sorry, I am a newbie that jumped to XSR700 from X-MAX250 :)

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oka, good idea to protect the helmet, but where do you put or connect that bag? what kind of bag is that :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
In a net, on the pillion/passenger seat.
Alternatively, as Callahan wrote, put it in the helmet transporting bag, and wear it on you. Not the safest way to carry things, though.

·
Registered
49 Posts
In a net, on the pillion/passenger seat.
Alternatively, as Callahan wrote, put it in the helmet transporting bag, and wear it on you. Not the safest way to carry things, though.
When you use a net (elastic net), do you think that the Plastic Hooks can scratch the bike?

To transport a bag I was thinking to use Motorcycle Adjustable Strap by ROK Straps - 18"-60" (Twin Pack). Because it doesn't use hooks, so it won't scratch the metal.

·
Registered
17 Posts
As long as the hooks are new and their plastic end is still on, scratches are practically non existent.

Regarding straps, I don't remember ever using straps on a bike, so I wouldn't know.
George

·
Registered
6 Posts
I use one of two methods: 1. Put the helmet in my top box. Or 2. the ultra lightweight backpack from Badass Moto Gear. It folks up really small and I have it stashed under my seat. Even useful if you decide last minute to buy a few groceries and need something to stash them in for your journey home.

Greg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts