XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Uff, what a question, is carbon misplaced on the XSR?

If carbon parts fit to your personal taste, no, there is nothing I should refuse. Saying that every cover of the XSR could be replaced by a carbon part. The front fender, tank panels or covers, side panels, etc. That would result in a black in black bike.
I do not know anything about the China quality of these carbon parts. Everything depends on the manufacturing quality, how is the structure of the fibers, how is the surface? Maybe to many parts on the bike will cause a kind of distorted picture?

Or you are thinking of carbon parts due to reduce the machine weight? Then I would suggest to paint the parts, that will add some grams, but you would cover that high tech surface.
And there we are again, what type of bike is the XSR? Is there a name, you would give her, next to classic naked? I did not find a name. It is up to the owner, to sharpen the appearance in one or other direction.And why not a carbon part or two?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My friend that it's misplaced due to it's an retro bike and carbon is not retro.:confused:
But i had the XJR1300racer before the xsr700 and that bike had alot of carbon stock.

So i think carbon can be an nice tvist on the xsr700.:grin2:

·
Registered
222 Posts
My friend that it's misplaced due to it's an retro bike and carbon is not retro.:confused:
But i had the XJR1300racer before the xsr700 and that bike had alot of carbon stock.

So i think carbon can be an nice tvist on the xsr700.:grin2:

So this is what I said, what is the XSR standing for, how would you name it? After finishing the modifications, my dealer said to me: Now it looks like your old XJR...

And for the XSR, mono shock is not retro, LED tail light or indicators are not retro, big water cooler, disc brakes, under body exhaust, ABS, etc. So if you like it, and the carbon parts have a nice finish, so screw them to your bike.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think i will order some parts of the carbon in the winter month!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts