XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally got around to fitting all the toys I had ready. Weather is foul and I'm on call so no chance of a ride just yet though. I've used a chameleon film on the headlamp and just fitted: lsl bars, Speedo relocation, Oxford bar ends, upper fork shrouds and gaitors, evotech tailtidy, pyramid hugger extender and scorpion rally str tyres. The gaitor jubilee clips will be replaced with black cable times when I receive them.
Automotive lighting Light Motor vehicle Automotive tire Motorcycle accessories
Tire Land vehicle Plant Automotive tail & brake light Wheel

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Tire Land vehicle Automotive fuel system Fuel tank Vehicle

· Registered
781 Posts
Don't they look a whole lot better without the extra fender extension. Looks so much cleaner with the upper fender only.

Good job. Wish I'd had the yellow w/speed blocks graphics on my U.S. model. Love the look, reminds me of the bikes run by Yamaha on the Camel Pro Grand National flat track team and numerous privateers in the early to mid 70s bikes. Always struck me as a bit odd that Yamaha didn't offer that in the U.S. where that was the common graphics for road racers and flat trackers from around 1973 until they went with the red/white European colors.

Circa 1973 or so...

Circa 1975 ...

Darn cool looking bikes!

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't they look a whole lot better without the extra fender extension. Looks so much cleaner with the upper fender only.

Good job. Wish I'd had the yellow w/speed blocks graphics on my U.S. model. Love the look, reminds me of the bikes run by Yamaha on the Camel Pro Grand National flat track team and numerous privateers in the early to mid 70s bikes. Always struck me as a bit odd that Yamaha didn't offer that in the U.S. where that was the common graphics for road racers and flat trackers from around 1973 until they went with the red/white European colors.
A big thing in the UK in the eighties was the Kenny Roberts replica LC's as well so that canary yellow and the speed blocks hits two birds with one stone. Another interesting turn would be white with red speedblocks as per RD DX's..that could work.

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very nice, Allspeeds over Microns any day. My last LC was a 250 which I done a full nut and bolt rebuild on and sold it just over 5 years ago. Biggest mistake I made was getting an MOT on it, which in turn meant I got to use it and the sell it. As you know they now hold silly money at the mo.

· Registered
2022 XSR700 (YPVS style)
106 Posts
Very nice, Allspeeds over Microns any day. My last LC was a 250 which I done a full nut and bolt rebuild on and sold it just over 5 years ago. Biggest mistake I made was getting an MOT on it, which in turn meant I got to use it and the sell it. As you know they now hold silly money at the mo.
I know what you mean! Mine has gone up by 1-2 grand in 3 years but I have no intention of selling and I only ride on nice days and club events. (y)
Tire Wheel Sky Plant Cloud

1 - 12 of 12 Posts