XSR 700 Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I got the swing arm replaced under warranty, and I asked the dealer to install chain tensioners with the paddock stand adapters (Gilles Tooling). Yes, they have MT-branding and a slightly different black paint, but other than that I like it, especially as they will make some maintenance much faster.

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Bicycle Bicycle wheel
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Crankset Vehicle

·
Registered
614 Posts
– tone could be nicer, I agree).
Totally agree with your comments about the noise but I think it could sound nicer
I wanted better tone without any major increase in volume and got it going with the Delkvic 18" cannister exhaust system. I got the "quieter core" when I got the exhaust, just to make sure. But with the standard quiet core, it worked great. The sound is like a muffled flat track bike (my reference since that's what I've heard) and the sound level is only a few decibels over stock. I did a "cell phone decibel software" test and found it was around 87 dB at a 45° angle 24" from the end of the exhaust, even reved up. I also checked with Delkevic to see if it was compatible without ignition reflashing.

In other words I bought the exhaust for the look (I like the longer pipe) and to get a nice tone without big volume change. I can just hear it if I think about it when riding. Very satisfying tone. We also did a ride by test with throttle on and it wouldn't annoy anyone. In other words riding through town under acceleration you won't interrupt pedestrians having conversations. I like that.

I might pull the baffle to see how much louder, just for fun. I wonder if I could have gone to the next size shorter can with the quietest baffle and still had similar sound. But not too concerned, it works for me.

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

Also showing some other modifications. And yes the solo saddle is very comfortable, better than the original. Plan to get another exhaust support set up welded up next summer, the X struts work, but look kind of tacky.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts