XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to replace the right side tank panel (bike went to the ground. not my finest moment). I have the 2018 US Matte Grey/Aluminum color, which appears to be brushed aluminum. Was this color released in Europe? I can locate color MNM3 on parts websites. Would this match the finish I'm looking for?

Thanks

·
Registered
187 Posts
I am looking to replace the right side tank panel (bike went to the ground. not my finest moment). I have the 2018 US Matte Grey/Aluminum color, which appears to be brushed aluminum. Was this color released in Europe? I can locate color MNM3 on parts websites. Would this match the finish I'm looking for?

Thanks
I don't believe the finish is the same. I have an XSR700 here in the US as well as in Switzerland, both in gunmetal grey. The swiss bike has a shiny brushed aluminum finish whereas the US bike has a plasticky matte clear-coated brushed aluminum finish. Personally I prefer the shiny euro finish, as well as the brown leather seat (VS all black in the US) If you do order a pair and they are the wrong color (too shiny), I would be willing to trade you my US stock finished panels (as a pair of course). I am in Colorado.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll give the dealer a call tomorrow to see how much the panel costs through them. I suspect it's cost prohibitive.

The dent is tiny, and directly under where tank side pads would adhere. May just opt for the side pads for now.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'll give the dealer a call tomorrow to see how much the panel costs through them. I suspect it's cost prohibitive.

The dent is tiny, and directly under where tank side pads would adhere. May just opt for the side pads for now.
that sounds like a good plan. Just make sure your dealer offers tank pads as I can't seem to find them on the yamaha US website

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The European website where I found the best price on the tank cover was kind enough to send me an image of the cover. Difficult to tell from the picture but it does appears more shiny than the US version.

It doesn't appear the side tank pads are available in the US yet. If I were to order them I'd have to buy from a UK site or Ebay seller.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks a lot. So it will be 500 euro for the both side. That quite expensive...

You might want to wait a little bit. Cognito moto posted a week ago a video showing that they are working on a custom tank for the xsr 700. They might come with something you like more that the original part. For a price not so far...

Personally I am going to wait and see what they propose. They also have a tail tidy loop with integrated brake and turn light. So I might order all together 🙂

·
Registered
187 Posts
Thanks a lot. So it will be 500 euro for the both side. That quite expensive...

You might want to wait a little bit. Cognito moto posted a week ago a video showing that they are working on a custom tank for the xsr 700. They might come with something you like more that the original part. For a price not so far...

Personally I am going to wait and see what they propose. They also have a tail tidy loop with integrated brake and turn light. So I might order all together 🙂
link to video?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Send them an email and they told me that they are planning to offer the brake loop tail tidy in 2 months. Tank option might be arround the same ETA.

I will personally wait and see what they offer as I found their product quite good. However price are often high( expect like 270$ for the tail tidy brake plus turn signal option).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts