XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those of you on the Facebook page have likely already seen this, but I figured I'd share on here as well.

I recently purchased the Brogue Headlight builder kit from their site and an aftermarket headlamp from Amazon. I've been looking to change out the front bucket for a little while and Brogue's new kit seemed like just what I was looking for.

Installation was dead simple. No rewiring or cutting, everything was plug and play (the only small issue that I had was fitting all of the wiring into the new housing). All in all I'm very pleased with the kit and don't mind giving press to a company making some really nice gear for our bikes.

Lastly, I already had the TST indicators and they didn't get in the way of the install at all.

Brogue Headlight Builder:
http://www.broguemotorcycles.com/xsr700-parts/xsr700-complete-led-headlight-builder-kit

Amazon headlamp:

TST indicators:
https://tstindustries.com/tst-led-front-flushmount-turn-signals-yamaha.html

Attachments

·
Registered
320 Posts
Saw this on facebook! :)
Looks great and love that size not to small or to big just perfect!

I saw now that we have the same exhaust!
Love my deep growly yoshi! :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi Alex,

The Brogue headlight bucket looks great!

I recently tried the Amazon headlight that you linked and wasn't very impressed with it. The light it produced was strange, definitely not as bright as the OEM light. It also needed to be angled visibly downward to not blind the people in front of me. I ended up ditching it for something else.

How are you finding yours? Maybe I got a bum one?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Saw this on facebook! :)
Looks great and love that size not to small or to big just perfect!

I saw now that we have the same exhaust!
Love my deep growly yoshi! :)
Thanks again! Yeah I saw that yoshi on yours too. I really like the sound, man!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Alex,

The Brogue headlight bucket looks great!

I recently tried the Amazon headlight that you linked and wasn't very impressed with it. The light it produced was strange, definitely not as bright as the OEM light. It also needed to be angled visibly downward to not blind the people in front of me. I ended up ditching it for something else.

How are you finding yours? Maybe I got a bum one?
Funny that you should say all of this. I definitely have an issue with how high the light points. I'm going to be angling mine down as well. it certainly seems like i might be irritating people in front of me. As far as the coverage, it works around the city for me (city lights and all), but i'll have to report back when i'm on a darker stretch.

And if you don't mind, what light did you end up going with?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Funny that you should say all of this. I definitely have an issue with how high the light points. I'm going to be angling mine down as well. it certainly seems like i might be irritating people in front of me. As far as the coverage, it works around the city for me (city lights and all), but i'll have to report back when i'm on a darker stretch.

And if you don't mind, what light did you end up going with?
I ended up trying a JW Speaker LED light. It looks very similar to the Amazon one, but works significantly better. There is a sharp cut off of the beam below other drivers eyes with the bucket pretty much level, the light starts immediately in front of the bike (the Amazon one left darkness for the first 10 ft or so) and it provides better light than the OEM unit. Unfortunately, all of this comes at a cost of about 6x the Amazon light.

JW Speaker also makes some neat looking adaptive LED motorcycle lights, but they are even more pricey.

I was hopeful the $60 Amazon light would be all the reviews said, but I was disappointed in my sample. YMMV.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ended up trying a JW Speaker LED light. It looks very similar to the Amazon one, but works significantly better. There is a sharp cut off of the beam below other drivers eyes with the bucket pretty much level, the light starts immediately in front of the bike (the Amazon one left darkness for the first 10 ft or so) and it provides better light than the OEM unit. Unfortunately, all of this comes at a cost of about 6x the Amazon light.

JW Speaker also makes some neat looking adaptive LED motorcycle lights, but they are even more pricey.

I was hopeful the $60 Amazon light would be all the reviews said, but I was disappointed in my sample. YMMV.
After angling the light down, it no longer blinds the cars in front of me. That being said, I still might end up with one of those JW lights. Even with the price, that would give me a little more peace of mind. And yeah, post up that picture!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Am I the only one who likes the OEM bucket? I guess it kind of grew on me. Now it seems odd every time I see a 'normal size' headlight on an XSR700.
I do like the looks of that exhaust. Is that the Akrapovic for Mt07?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Am I the only one who likes the OEM bucket? I guess it kind of grew on me. Now it seems odd every time I see a 'normal size' headlight on an XSR700.
I do, actually. Every time I see bikes with a different light, they look like they have no neck. Like the proportions are not right. However, I was thinking about switching to a LED bulb. And that JW does look cool!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts