XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I'm brand new to riding and picked up the XSR700 2020 model earlier this month as my first bike. I put about 400 miles on it so far, still trying to break in the new engine. I love it and have already made a few modifications with plans for a few more! I did a ton of research on bikes beforehand and narrowed down my list of 10 bikes (cruisers, dual sports, nakeds, streets) to this one. I felt it gave me the best overall mix of features I was looking for and it's gorgeous! Plus, I'm moving to Germany soon so I feel it will fit in perfectly with its neo-retro cafe racer look.

Current Mods:
  • BEAMTECH H4 LED Headlight Bulb (Amazon)
  • Shogun No Cut Frame Sliders (Amazon)
  • LMQY Full Protective Radiator Cover (Amazon)
  • Kuryakyn Thresher 5951 7/8" Grips (Amazon)
  • KiWAV Magazi Bob Blue Tint Bar End Mirrors (Amazon)
  • Brogue Helmet Hook/Lock, x2 (Brogue Motorcycles)
Upcoming Mods:
  • K&N High Performance Air Filter (Amazon)
  • Tuner X-Factory Integrated Tail Light (eBay)
Future Mods:
  • Tail Tidy
  • Spool sliders
  • Fork sliders
  • Fork gaiters
  • Upper fork covers (gold, to match the wheels)
  • Full exhaust
  • JW Speaker Adaptive LED headlight
  • Front turn signals/running lights
Possible Future Mods:
  • Pirelli MT60-RS Tires
  • Bash plate
  • Lower handlebar (for my super long arms)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Welcome to the forum from another Alabama rider. I'm up north, just outside of Huntsville.

Looking forward to see where your mods take the bike. Here a recent shot of mine.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Welcome! Best mod I ever did or will do? High quality adjustable shorty hand levers. That 2020 is a nice looking bike.

·
Registered
194 Posts
...with that colour scheme, it is a beauty!

Congratulations to your new ride and welcome to the forums. Let us know where you will move in Germany and fingers crossed that this will be a nice riding area. For sure only if you have the chance to take your bike with.

BR
hombacher

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the forum from another Alabama rider. I'm up north, just outside of Huntsville.

Looking forward to see where your mods take the bike. Here a recent shot of mine.
Nice! I'm digging that raw metal look, like it was a custom built. I'll post more pics when these parts get delivered (super slow).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
...with that colour scheme, it is a beauty!

Congratulations to your new ride and welcome to the forums. Let us know where you will move in Germany and fingers crossed that this will be a nice riding area. For sure only if you have the chance to take your bike with.

BR
hombacher
I'll be moving to Hesse. I've lived in Germany before and pretty much everywhere seemed nice to ride. I'm looking forward to hitting those country roads with this machine. Not so much cafe racer as village racer lol. Suggestions are always welcome!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Welcome! If you ever adventure to come near Düsseldorf, let me know. Would love to go for a ride together.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome! If you ever adventure to come near Düsseldorf, let me know. Would love to go for a ride together.
Sure thing! It’s not too far away, plus I plan on doing a lot of exploring with this machine.

·
Registered
194 Posts
[..] Suggestions are always welcome!
Maybe your idea with a full exhaust system, you should discard. Especially if this is an American inspired full open megaphone. Save your money for tires or suspension upgrade, this would be added value.

Interesting as well, the pricing around the globe for bikes and parts is a little "complicated". So for the one or other upgrade you may wait until you are here?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Maybe your idea with a full exhaust system, you should discard. Especially if this is an American inspired full open megaphone. Save your money for tires or suspension upgrade, this would be added value.

Interesting as well, the pricing around the globe for bikes and parts is a little "complicated". So for the one or other upgrade you may wait until you are here?
I was looking at either the Yoshimura, Akrapovic, or SC Project full exhaust, which I’m under the assumption that all are legal in Europe. They also sound nice even with the dB eater (with SC sounding the best imo). But I was going to wait until later to install it, along with an ECU flash to smooth out the throttle response.

But yea I also plan to get some tires more suitable for unimproved roads and I’ll have to look more into the suspension. I weight about 230lbs. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
194 Posts
...thinking about your words, you should drop a message, when you are here with your bike. I am curious to swap your US ECU against my Euro ECU. I'm wondering about the constantly repeated 'throttle response' and all the problems which have to be sorted out.

In my opinion, there is no bad throttle response, what I learned from my little 2016 XSR (here in Euro country).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts