XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have purchased 4 nice looking blinkers retro grill style 3 leads incandescent type to replace the oem ones from Aliexpress.

The front 2 i have replaced with no issues, and added a TST relay to fix the hyper blinking issue.

I encounter a peculiar situation when I am replacing the rear 2 blinkers. I plug the replacement blinkers in, and they all function correctly, however, only one side, i think it's the right, has this dimmed light on at all time. Has anyone encounter this situation as well? I plugged the factory ones back, they both appear unlit, unless indicator is turned on. so right now, I am leaving my factory ones on the back. If anyone can shed some light on it, pun intended, that will be great. Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,
have you tried moving your new indicators around? trying one of the rear ones on the front for example to see if it is the one indicator that is at fault?
Hello! Yes, I have switched around for different ones, and every single one of them switched to that particular rear right will all have this dimmed hue. the factory ones do not however. I started to wonder if that's the DRL setting on these blinkers. Some friends suggested some phantom current somewhere, but it made no sense to me yet. thank you for replying!

·
Registered
146 Posts
That is a funny one, well if the stock indicators work ok it must be something in your new ones but I wonder what and why on just the one side.
Forgive me here but could it be something stupid like a background light shining through from somewhere?
Maybe take out the bulb on that side and put a meter on it to see what power is actually getting to the bulb?
Good luck..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is a funny one, well if the stock indicators work ok it must be something in your new ones but I wonder what and why on just the one side.
Forgive me here but could it be something stupid like a background light shining through from somewhere?
Maybe take out the bulb on that side and put a meter on it to see what power is actually getting to the bulb?
Good luck..
I am quite puzzled too, it almost looks like purposeful dimmed fog-light, but just one side.

yeah i check all the reflection, alas, it is not as simple as that.
i guess i'll have to trace it. but it is just funny to have this 'issue'.

Thanks for your input! I appreciate it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts