XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes got one on mine. Fitted great and sounds brilliant. Only used it with db killer in and still pretty loud. I removed "black widow" sticker as I didn't like it.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
P.s it runs perfect at any revs/ throttle position , bought of eBay and for some reason it was a bargain £240 direct from Black Widow at the time ?! Only a month ago.

Attachments

·
Registered
321 Posts
@YamahaFan Crossed my mind that much that I've ordered it and it'll hopefully arrive tomorrow. maybe even get it fitted tomorrow. Pics and maybe even a vid to follow.
Yes got one on mine. Fitted great and sounds brilliant. Only used it with db killer in and still pretty loud. I removed "black widow" sticker as I didn't like it.
So close... :wink2:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Lol that's the positive attitude I come here for ! :)

But definitely interested to see some more pictures and get a sound clip on it if it isn't too much trouble

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looks awesome. Since I am a total exhaust noob, can someone explain to me
how this one is so much less expensive than the "big" companys like akra and so on -
is there a notable difference?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi Druid,
I have some question about: after the exhaust installation you have replaced the air filter too or not?
Eventually it is necessary / recommended?
The new exhaust needs the ECM to be reprogrammed or the installation is "plug and play"?

OverVolt

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Druid,
I have some question about: after the exhaust installation you have replaced the air filter too or not?
Eventually it is necessary / recommended?
The new exhaust needs the ECM to be reprogrammed or the installation is "plug and play"?

OverVolt
I haven't replaced the air filter but I suppose it's how far you wanna go modifying/increasing performance. This also ties in with the exhaust. It is plug and play but I think the bike is over fuelling a little as I get a very nice sounding pops and bangs on overrun. I changed the exhaust cos it looks and sounds better than OE but if I was truly after performance mods, I'd change the air filter and get the fuelling set up properly.
I'd also say you need a good range of tools to do this yourself and a gd couple/three hours to do this. I even took the rad of its mounts to get extra clearance to the header bolts. Not sure if it was needed looking back but it's easy enough to do( hoses take the weight so no need to drain the system etc).

·
Registered
366 Posts
I'd be curious about what a few good dyno runs look like with that setup. You might be surprised at the amount of low end torque you give up by eliminating so much exhaust length.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts