XSR 700 Forums banner

Black Widow 200SS

5K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  GuySal 
#1 ·
Took about an hour to fit and it's LOUD :grin2:!!!
Even with baffle in, it's louder that the de-baffled dual Scorpions on the Z1000SX.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I've got the same Black Widow but with the carbon tip - it's sounds amazing with the baffle and better without!

Makes the bike much more complete IMO.

#6 ·
Looks nice that mate. I am a tad concerned about putting my can of choice on....the scorpion serkat stubby as i called yamaha and was told that anything other than akro would void my warranty if a fault was linked to the exhaust......its brand spankers the bike with 26 miles i have managed as weather is so poor at the mo.
Funny thing is if they fit it there would be conditions in place but this would improve my warranty chances if linked to the exhaust.....

#8 ·
I was told the same for my Tracer 9, also the Akra had to have the cat fitted. There's no way i would spend a grand on the Akra full system and still have to be lumbered with a cat and even have to pay extra for that cat.
Only another 5 weeks and my Tracer is out of the 2 yr warranty anyway, so doesn't really matter now.
Its highly doubtful that an aftermarket zorst system without a cat will cause any issues, especially with FI now.
But it gives Yamaha that little get out clause if they want to quibble any warranty work for engine faults.
So its each individual owners choice if they want to chance possible warranty probs for the rest of their warranty period.

#10 · (Edited)
I guess you'd probably be ok doing that.... But there's obviously a small chance Yamaha would suss the zorst had been removed.
Not trying to scaremonger here, just telling it like it is.

I was happy to leave the zorst alone on my Tracer, just for piece of mind with warranty.... also the Yam triple 900 sounds not too bad as standard with that triple cylinder growl, especially when the revs rise.
Unfortunately, the Yam 700 twin sounds shyte with the standard zorst, i totally get why owners want to change it.

#12 ·
Hi

I have a very similar version on this thread. Done 4k with no issues, but it is loud no doubt. Plenty of looks but at least people know I'm there....

It does pop and bang so I'm thinking of having it set up but then again, it makes it even more of a character imo

With baffles out and no earplugs your ears will ring after a lengthy ride....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.