XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey - just thought I'd share this reply I got from Biltwell...was bored of not having any new info so decided to email their support service. I mean, you can buy a £20 lid from Halfords which meets ECE approval (http://bit.ly/2hCRjxX)...so surely its not THAT stringent. I guess it just costs a lot of money and time investment for the company. Hopefully with the launch of the recent Lane Splitter (ECE approved) they'll realise the potential of the EU market place!!

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
The Gringo is one of my favorite helmets and I think its the ideal partner of the XSR700, but I do not want to risk using it without the ECE homologation. :frown2:

I've been interested since I discovered it, and yes, it seems there's still a year left, according to what I've found ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
that's great news. thanks for sharing this mate.

The Gringo is one of my favourite helmets and I think its the ideal partner of the XSR700, but I do not want to risk using it without the ECE homologation. :frown2:
i got stung by the popo whilst on my learners. forget how much the fine was but it wasn't worth it... haven't worn it since.
love to get a spare tag some day and stitch it on myself:grin2:

just a note on the internal padding.
not sure if they have redeveloped their design at all, but the plastic sheet holding the foam in shape started to tear through the upholstery after 3-4 months use. i recall being pretty dissatisfied with that, but the helmet looks so good (and the price is so friendly) i let it slide.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts