XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I've only owned my xsr for a few weeks (2nd hand 2017 model). But I've noticed that if I ride over a speed hump a bit fast, or hit an unexpectedly big pot hole, the bike makes this high pitched beep that lasts about half a second.

My best guess is that it's the ABS freaking out over the lack of traction on the front wheel (even though I'm not braking) but I'm interested to hear if anyone else as come across this before.

Cheers!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hey everyone,

I've only owned my xsr for a few weeks (2nd hand 2017 model). But I've noticed that if I ride over a speed hump a bit fast, or hit an unexpectedly big pot hole, the bike makes this high pitched beep that lasts about half a second.

My best guess is that it's the ABS freaking out over the lack of traction on the front wheel (even though I'm not braking) but I'm interested to hear if anyone else as come across this before.

Cheers!
mine does too; has been doing it for the last 30K Km. I ride on dirt roads and when it is really rough the thing squeals a fair bit. Apart from he sound everything else is normal and OK :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mine does too; has been doing it for the last 30K Km. I ride on dirt roads and when it is really rough the thing squeals a fair bit. Apart from he sound everything else is normal and OK :)
Yea fair enough, just interested in hearing what other people's experiences are with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts