XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder if the XSR owners are satisfied with the stock H4 Philips bulb? Have you ever tried the alternative ones like led or other kind of Philips or Osram like nightbraker, X-treme vision, diamond vision etc. I'm not very happy with the stock one.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I stumbled upon these parts for my XSR700 and they have a pretty nice LED headlight option.

motodemic.com/product-category/manufacturer/yamaha/xsr700

·
Registered
371 Posts
I very rarely ride at night unless I'm on the road and get stuck out before I call it a day but the headlight on the XSR is on par with most bikes out there and for me personally, the high-price stuff out there may have better optics but the cost outweighs the benefit for me.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I agree and changing lights on a motorbike, even a bulb change for a LED, needs approval (homologation) in our country, otherwise the motorbike isn't road legal.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Flyerdon said:
I very rarely ride at night
I ride all year long, from winter to summer by night and day so I need to see and be seen perfectly.

Flyerdon said:
the high-price stuff out there may have better optics but the cost outweighs the benefit for me.
I understand but nobody here will force you to put those pricey stuffs on your bike ;-) It's a forum, all of us here have different tastes and budgets.
I have money so for me it's a pleasure to customize my bike, but once again I force nobody to spend on their bike the same (huge) amount of money I spent on mine :)

Andre jcer said:
I agree and changing lights on a motorbike, even a bulb change for a LED, needs approval (homologation) in our country, otherwise the motorbike isn't road legal.
The place I live in is well known to be really intolerant on this particular point but the headlight is homologated + it's most luminous from far than the stock one which is quite important in term of security so it's more than OK.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Plazo: Great look! a quick question - are you able to only have the halo ring lit up?
Hi Oskar,

Thanks m8.
Here is a picture below as an answer to your questions. Feel free to ask if you want to know more about it.

1) Bike on => Ring only
2) Engine On => Ring + Horizontal Projectors
3) High Beam => Ring + Horizontal Projectors + Vertical Projectors

I guess if you only want to have the halo on you'll have to have fun with the wiring below :

1 - 20 of 22 Posts