XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you guys riding bar wise that is lower than stock but not super low? Looking for a happy medium. Xsr900 bars maybe? Thanks

·
Registered
425 Posts
Bar height is about as personal as it gets. Depends on the rider's dimensions (height and arm length) and how you want your riding stance. Your best bet is to try to imagine what needs to change to make your OEM bars where you'd like them and then go to any of the Cycle parts places and find a bar that matches the dimensions you like from your earlier measurement. I'm sure you'll find something but the good ones are usually not cheap.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've looked into this subject a bit, LSL X 01s are a bit narrower than stock. 760mm vs 805mm I believe...
That plays into the whole ergonomics puzzle too.
I've been considering Pro Taper Contour "Dirt Track" bend. a little higher than most Pro Taper options.
And a little wider than most any bar on the market at 902mm. Pretty easy to trim them equally to find your sweet spot.
I figured that wider, and lower would offset the extra cable length, if you just go lower, you may find your cables all have excess length.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I put driven meteor bars on and..... they were too low- they hit the tank. I had to put bar risers on so they would clear it. At that point they weren’t too much lower than stock just narrower so I ended up putting the stock bars back on. 🤷🏼‍♂️

If you just need them raised a bit I’d recommend some bar risers, cheapest and easiest. Can barely notice it’s installed. I got a set here:
kemimoto 1 1/8" 28mm CNC Handlebar Riser Clamp Universal Compatible for KTM, BMW, Husaberg, Yamaha, Can-Am Spyder F3, Ducati, Triumph (Black) Amazon.com: kemimoto 1 1/8" 28mm CNC Handlebar Riser Clamp Universal Compatible for KTM, BMW, Husaberg, Yamaha, Can-Am Spyder F3, Ducati, Triumph (Black): Automotive

·
Registered
79 Posts
I found the upright position of the stock high bars (appart from sticking out like Dumbo's ears, sorry to the fans) gave me coxxis pain after just a couple hours riding. That and the unforgiving suspensions, I suspect. When I changed to low rise bars, problem was solved due to leaning slightly forward. I find this a more natural riding position; closer to the bike and lower COG. I then added an air cushion seat which now makes for a very comfy ride.

I'd say these are the two most significant improvements I have made to my ride.

·
Registered
22 Posts
i am running renthal fatbar street lows
very happy with them. was going to get the street fighters but changed my mind last minute. i think i'd be happy with either to be honest, but i am really enjoying the lower than stock stance
might give the hurricane swallows another go sometime soon too now that im used to being lower

·
Registered
79 Posts
i am running renthal fatbar street lows
very happy with them. was going to get the street fighters but changed my mind last minute. i think i'd be happy with either to be honest, but i am really enjoying the lower than stock stance
might give the hurricane swallows another go sometime soon too now that im used to being lower
Here you go, folks. Satin Black 28.6mm Motorcycle Fat Bar Low Bend Handlebars Chopper Cafe Racer

These are perfect low fit, no vibration and rediculously cheap. Not sure if they ship outside Aus, but there's a pic of the dimensions. Match these to something you can find in your region.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts