XSR 700 Forums banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Looks like a piece of steel cut in an H pattern with four thru holes drilled in it. Probably could make one with a hack saw, flle, and drill from some thin steel or a bit thicker aluminum. Probably don't even need to cut the H pattern, just make a square with the holes spaced properly.

Get a small piece of scrap metal from a fabricator where you live. I used to get some aluminum scrap from a shop usually for free, big enough to make a seat base, something like that could be had for free.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looks like a piece of steel cut in an H pattern with four thru holes drilled in it. Probably could make one with a hack saw, flle, and drill from some thin steel or a bit thicker aluminum. Probably don't even need to cut the H pattern, just make a square with the holes spaced properly.

Get a small piece of scrap metal from a fabricator where you live. I used to get some aluminum scrap from a shop usually for free, big enough to make a seat base, something like that could be had for free.
I just thinking the same...it is not a difficult to make it "home" and its much cheaper. I have no problem with the original place of dashboard, and not really want to spend 50-60 eur for a relocator kit. Unfortunately i didnt find a cheap version on ali/ebay of it, so will make the diy version.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts