XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm very pleased to introduce you my customised Yamaha XSR700 - Balcony Custom.

The seat cowl took me about 60 :eek:hours of work. I have "customised" the original seat with kitchen knife to make it look like single seat. Worked well:laugh:.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Headlight ist from louis-moto.co.uk (Headlight black 7 1/2 inch) But you have to adapt it to install it.

One more Thing: Dont forget to use safety glasses. That happend to me while cutting /shaping the cowl. I am very sure that i would have lost my right eye if i would have not used the safety glasses that time.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
modifications did you need to do to the headlight to make it fit?

Nothing you cannot do with a hacksaw,drilling machine and hammer. The main problem is, that there is a hole in the original headlight at the bottom. The original headlight is pinned on metal pin underneath the headlight. So you have to drill that hole in the new headlight.
The second problem ist that there it not enought room at the back part of the headlight because of the ignition switch... So you have to deform the back of the headlight that it fits.. i used a hammer :) it worked. It does not look good but you cannot see it whe the headlight is installed.

Plate holder is form Valtermoto (ebay). It ist the same as for mt07. There ist just 1,5 (!)cm beween the wheel and the plateholder. Scary. I will post a picture ...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am sure it is posible to bulid it in 25 hours if you do it for second time. The cost of the material could be someting about 80-120 EURO. I was doing it for the first time, so everything took me longer an i was doing it on my balcony so that is why 60 hours.. (my wife hates that piece)

But thax to youtube you can find video manual for almost everything.

What took me really long was the painting. I tried to make it look like the gas tank. Since the gas tank is not painted... it was not easy..

I tried 6 different colors of (silver metalic). When i found the one i liked and put it on i did not realised that you have to put clearcoat on it (because of the scratch-resistancy). After i made the clear coat finish.. i realised that the clear coat changed the color of the silver metalic(it got darker).Since that was probably the 10 paintjob i simply gave up... its not perfect but i can change the color of the painting anytime. And after all, now i like it.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top