XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Just wondering if anyone has debating owning or using a leather tank protector? I've been looking into one as the bike is on PCP and I'm paranoid about keeping it in good condition.

The xsr is my first non-125cc bike and I'm new to all the parts and accessories that are available to me as I didn't want to waste money into buying stuff for my 125

My question is mainly, are they okay to keep on for long durations? And do i risk damaging the tank if I were to leave it on?

I understand that I would obviously wash the tank prior to application to reduce risk from fust and dirt

Any opinions would be fantastic, and any other suggestions on accessories I am also happy to hear!

TIA

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, thanks for replying. Its a bit of both really, I quite like the look of leather tank protectors but mainly I want to protect the tank from as much damage as possible. I looked into the silicone sticker guards you can grab to protect against jacket scratches but with the central screw placement it seems a bit of a faff

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi I have got one now and they fit well and look good. Also when it's cold I noticed keep your legs a little warmer.. waiting to use the tank bag/ day sack I bought off eBay with it next .

·
Registered
185 Posts
I really hate the looks of the leather cover. I would never use one. To prevent my tank from scratches I found a really cheap solution.
Jolly Rogers 3D stickers from ebay and some 3M adhesive tape.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
I really like the look of mine, the only negative is it requires a little extra attention when putting the fuel cap up to fill with petrol, it sometimes wants to drop itself back down as the cut out around the cap is a bit tight.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts