XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

I’ve recently bought a bike that I’ll be using to commute to work on.
I’m really struggling to find a suitable waterproof bag to carry my 17” laptop in!

It seems that every single bag accommodates up to a 15” laptop only, even the messenger style (over one shoulder) bags!
Looked at a set of swmotech legend panniers, and they’re too small too.

Does anyone have any recommendations on one that does fit a 17” laptop?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
141 Posts
BC, check out Mobile Edge

I bought the best motorcycle laptop backpack from them more than 20 years ago, it's still the best case I have and still very stylish. I don't see my model on their website but they have plenty of quality packs to check out.

Yes they have backpacks for 17", some specific to those monster oversize portable gaming Alienware boxes

·
Registered
439 Posts
Trick is to find one that is waterproof or to find a zip seal plastic bag big enough to cover the laptop. I just found a 2.5 gallon Hefty zip lock fits a 15.6 computer, so now if I got caught in rain the computer would survive. No idea if there is a bigger zip lock bag out there. The bag has the plastic slider that seals the bag, not just the engaging seal you slide your fingers to close.

EDIT - forgot to say I put it in the back pack closure down so that if water does get in the pack it cannot get into the closure since it won't flow upward, where it might if there was a gap and the bag was in closure end up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts