XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let’s see if I can post some photos. These were taken a few weeks ago – late October, just before the clocks changed. They are taken in my favourite lunch stop at the side of Lake Ullswater in the English Lake District.

I had a few days off and this day was looking free. I’d been meaning to do a day tour on the bike all year. After a bit of ‘negotiation’ with the wife it was all sorted and I got off at 9am.

The day was cold-ish, but just ok – about 8degC and a bit dull and drizzly at times. It was a great day, though, and the bike was awesome! Couldn’t have wished for a better bike to do the trip. The roads were a bit greasy at times and some were very small roads. I also had to take a few detours due to roads being closed and I was slightly lost occasionally! The bike was perfect for this – great little engine pulling me out of slow corners and looking after me.

From my home near Skipton, I rode up to Hawes in North Yorkshire, then across to Kendal, A6 to Shap, then small roads to Lake Ullswater. Round the lake, then towards Keswick, down Thirlmere and on to Ambleside. I then rode the Hardknott and Wrynose passes over to the west coast of the Lake District. Then it was the A-road past Barrow, Ullapool and back towards Skipton on the A59.

Spring and summer in the UK were exceptionally good this year, so this was a great way to finish the main riding season.

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
Can be no better place to ride a bike in England great to hear the xsr700 looked after you, On roads that are a serious challenge in summer nevermind autumn.
Thanks for posting.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts