XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am new to motorbikes and am hoping to pop my cherry on a 2022 Heritage black XSR700. I have decided on the XSR700 firstly on the positive reviews of it and the MT-07 and secondly on the looks. It is a much better looking bike than the MT-07 in my opinion. I haven't ridden either as there are no demo's for the 2022 update available in the Brisbane region so fingers crossed I have made the right decision. I paid my deposit mid May and have been advised the bike "should" be available sometime in August. The XSR700 only comes in a watered down version in Australia with the engine being de-stroked to 655CC so hopefully it will keep me happy for the restricted period (2 yeas in Queensland) until I am able to get a bigger bike.

I already have a few cosmetic mods in mind, removing the pillion peg mounts and changing to bar end mirrors. I am also thinking of getting the silver exhaust shrouds powder coated black. Unfortunately any mods to change the power or exhaust are out as the law is quite strict and roadside power to weight checks do occasionally occur.

Cheers (y)

·
Registered
43 Posts
G’day Andy and welcome! :cool:

The bike and mods sound like a sensible choice to me. Depending on your build, you might find the standard seat a little bit uncomfortable for long journeys but there are other options discussed at length on this forum.

You have some lovely coast roads to ride there in Qld so I am very jealous. 🙃

1 - 3 of 3 Posts