XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long shot, I know, but just in case: my XSR is a Forest Green one, but I prefer the 60th Anniversary colors so if anyone is open about swapping their tank cover for mine, feel free to contact me!

Otherwise I'll probably try a custom paint job on them, don't know yet what color(s) though.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Probably best to just custom paint your tank as there aren't too many 60th Anniversary xsr700 roaming around and I doubt the owners are going to part with one.

If you can't find one, do you plan to paint yours to look exactly like the anniversary edition?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually one forum member was thinking about swapping the other way, so maybe it'll be possible after all, but yeah, I don't bet too much on it :)

One of the thing I like about the XSR is the customization possibilities: I think I'll go for a completely different paint job, especially as the 60th anniversary one can be tricky to replicate easily with the black stripes, logo,... I don't know yet, I like the brushed aluminium look too, and the green is growing on me so I'll wait a little, but I'll sure post pictures when I'll do it!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Actually one forum member was thinking about swapping the other way, so maybe it'll be possible after all, but yeah, I don't bet too much on it :)

One of the thing I like about the XSR is the customization possibilities: I think I'll go for a completely different paint job, especially as the 60th anniversary one can be tricky to replicate easily with the black stripes, logo,... I don't know yet, I like the brushed aluminium look too, and the green is growing on me so I'll wait a little, but I'll sure post pictures when I'll do it!
Shouldn't be too hard if you were to find a good vinyl wrap shop that does all the design work and measuring. Take some work and time but that's a sure fire way to get it done. Only way I know.

Good luck, keep us posted on how things progress.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts