XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I'm interested if anyone has had any experience with the pyramid plastics screen for the XSR. I believe it's based off the Puig retrovision screen (or similar). I currently have a Puig mini screen and sturggle with it pushing all the wind onto my helmet (large amount of beffeting).
I love the look of the pyramid screen with it matching the bike colours, don't want to invest if it isn't going to help!

Fuel tank Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Vehicle

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi,
not had any experience with that particular screen but I am on my fourth adaptation of screen.
Basically if you want to stop any buffering from the wind you need a screen as tall as your head when seated on the bike. Otherwise you can tuck in behind whatever you have. Get laid on the tank in the old days, or go slower. It's always a trade off between style and substance with any fairing.
That one you are looking seems ok but hard to say, it is on the 900 in the pic.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Nick, completely makes sense. I think my helmet is part of the problem right now, Carberg Duke modular, which is pretty breezy. Considering a full face to help a little. Like you say, partly expected with a naked bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts