XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As per title. Has anyone tried these springs in their front forks?
Any feedback would be cool.

Cheers daps

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have installed the full kit, front and back. It seems that you ride a totally different motorcycle. After some research it is not recommended to use only front, or only back, suspension upgrade

·
Registered
39 Posts
FWIW, with the right springs and oil for your weight and riding style, adjusters aren't really needed (unless you want to dial the bike in on a track by track basis).

In my experience, you can do one end at a time, but it will show up any deficiencies in the standard end

·
Registered
44 Posts
An easy upgrade for damping rod front ends (standard shite on SV650s as well as XSR700/FZ-07) is to put emulators to achieve some adjustable damping. RaceTech are very popular in the states...these were pretty good, but not great addition to my old trackday SV650. Had a mate who used to race SV650s here in the States who switched from emulators to drop-in Traxxion AK-20s...it was worth at least two seconds a lap at BeaveRun (Now Pitt-Race)--2.2 mile track at the time.

I've put an F4i front end (adjustable for comp, rebound and preload) and its much nicer than any damping rod front end...especially if you are heavier than standard AND you have varying road conditions...damping rods are non-adjustable and do a gross job of damping the forks--anything big or jarring and it really upsets the front end...

Just my two cents. Springs are VERY important--next best step is emulators (if you are looking for simplicity and budget conscious). Beyond that, cartridges followed by front end swap to USD forks -- fully adjustable.

Matt in Virginia

1 - 7 of 7 Posts