XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I took off the overflow bottle cover to clean it (after riding on a freshly tarred road) and these 2 things dropped on the floor beneath. I cannot figure out what they are or where they go. One looks like a frame cover plug, but couldn't find a place for it. I couldn't find either one on the parts schematics.

Attachments

·
Registered
633 Posts
Not a clue, and I checked the service manual. They're not listed but it could be that they fell from some where above and just got lodged between the cover and the bottle. Has any other work been done on the bike? If there isn't a place they could fit between the cover and the bottle (as a spacer) then I wouldn't worry about it. Next time I'm working on mine I'll take the cover off and see what I find.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Not a clue, and I checked the service manual. They're not listed but it could be that they fell from some where above and just got lodged between the cover and the bottle. Has any other work been done on the bike? If there isn't a place they could fit between the cover and the bottle (as a spacer) then I wouldn't worry about it. Next time I'm working on mine I'll take the cover off and see what I find.
I pulled my cover, there's nothing behind there so those parts came from somewhere else, perhaps under the tank or intake somewhere.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for checking Flyerdon, I won't worry about it, now. Maybe the cat brought them in when I wasn't looking.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts