XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

I've been browsing through this forum recently and now decided to introduce myself.

I live in Switzerland (German-speaking part) and I bought my Garage Metal colored XSR700 about four months ago.
I LOVE IT! :grin2:

It's my first "big" bike after the 50ccm Aprilia I owned when I was 16 and I can't think of a better one at the moment.
This nimble, awesome looking bike with that powerful and smooth engine makes me grin everytime I see or ride it!

My mods so far:
- Yamaha side tank pads
- Highsider LED flasher
- Evotech Performance radiator guard
- MT-07 radiator side covers, kinda like the look of those
- Outer rim stickers with XSR700 logo (white reflective)
- Bar end mirrors

Planned mods:
- Windshield / Frontal plate
- Exhaust (maybe I'll go with a high-mounted Mivv Ghilbi)
- Tidy tail / License plate holder
- Crash pads?

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Welcome, beautiful bike you got there.

How are the mirrors, is the visibility ok compared to the original ones?

PS: I'm from the german-speaking part too, maybe we run into each other sometime :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback guys!

The visibility with the bar end mirrors is so much better now compared to the stock mirrors.
And I also prefer the look of bar end mirrors.

My mirrors have a diameter of around 80mm, which corresponds to the minimum mirror surface prescribed by law in Switzerland.
(If someone wants to further improve the visibility there are bar end mirrors with a diameter of up to 100mm)

Oh and be aware of the fact that you have to change your bar ends as well!
I ordered the following bar ends which fit perfectly: http://www.polo-motorrad.com/en/lenkerenden-fur-originallenker-yamaha-m16x1-5.html

@DukeSev : Cool, we should go for a trip at some point :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thx Firenze :)

The LED blinker model is the following:
"Micro S" from Highsider Germany http://www.highsider-germany.de/product-detail.php?id=blinker&sku=204-022

The black metal housing feels durable and the indicators are very bright!
A downside of all (at least that's what I know) Highsider indicators is the requirement of those black protection boxes (visible in the second picture attached).
Well maybe they are not mandatory needed but the guarantee expires if you don't fit them as well...

Think about the flasher relay as well if you are planning on changing the blinkers! ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey there. I read your post and you want to buy a mivv ghilbi. Im currently also in switzerland and am thinking about buying a xsr 700. but where do i get a mivv for the xsr 700 with swiss homologation and certificate?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey there. I read your post and you want to buy a mivv ghilbi. Im currently also in switzerland and am thinking about buying a xsr 700. but where do i get a mivv for the xsr 700 with swiss homologation and certificate?
Hi streettriple

Great to hear that!
I would buy the exhaust from Moto Mader (www.moto-mader.ch). They made me an offer and ask about 1150 Swiss Francs including the exhaust, the homologation and the catalysator. They told me that the delivery time would be approx. 4 weeks.
I will order it as soon as my bank account allows it ;)
Cheers

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi streettriple

Great to hear that!
I would buy the exhaust from Moto Mader (www.moto-mader.ch). They made me an offer and ask about 1150 Swiss Francs including the exhaust, the homologation and the catalysator. They told me that the delivery time would be approx. 4 weeks.
I will order it as soon as my bank account allows it ;)
Cheers

Ok cool thats good to hear. Will you post here when you ordered it and installed? Would be really nice.
And do you know if there are other options than mivv, gpr and akrapovic?

adieu :grin2:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok cool thats good to hear. Will you post here when you ordered it and installed? Would be really nice.
And do you know if there are other options than mivv, gpr and akrapovic?

adieu :grin2:
Yes I will for sure :wink2:

As far as I know, the following options are available regarding the Swiss homologation:
- Akrapovic (Yamaha / PartsWorldShop / Cycle-Tech / Moto-Mader)
- Mivv (Moto-Mader)
- GPR (Cycle-Tech / Moto-Mader)
- Ixil (Grossrieder Import)

Adieu :laugh:

·
Registered
400 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Always wanted to see someone get serious with the XSR and it looks like we have our person here :D

Looking forward to what you will end up accomplishing with it.

What bikes have you owned in the past??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts