XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm Sibi from Sydney Australia. Purchased my lovely XSR 700 at the start of December 2016. Love the retro looks and modern engine. Have only put 2000km on it and looking forward to many more.

The Modifications so far :

Bike lowered (35mm) and sag/susupension done
Forks lowered
Shock lowered
Shock Spring / Collar replaced
Side stand shortened

Bling added :

Yamaha heated grips
Rizoma sliders
SMoto radiator guard
SW-Motech Legend tank bag
Short levers
Bar ends
Rear spools

I'll post up some pics shortly :grin2:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Ben, I had the suspension work done at a highly recommended place here in sydney because I was very weary of making changes myself and having the overall dynamics/handling change too much. I have found the bike handles beautifully and easy tipping into a corner. My only problem is now that I have had it lowered significantly I am scraping the pegs too often. I did a full day of rider training at H.A.R.T on the weekend (ADVANCED II - ROAD CIRCUIT -) and have learned that I really need to work more on my riding position, a little bit more body lean into the corner so I can keep the bike in a slightly more upright position to compensate. I have lots of practise to do! I wish I was taller.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Some photos of my bike. My partner has an XSR900 which you can see in one of the shots.
Great pictures. Looks like the ergos couldn't get any better for you. How have you found the riding position to be for both short and long distance riding?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Ben, I had the suspension work done at a highly recommended place here in sydney because I was very weary of making changes myself and having the overall dynamics/handling change too much. I have found the bike handles beautifully and easy tipping into a corner. My only problem is now that I have had it lowered significantly I am scraping the pegs too often. I did a full day of rider training at H.A.R.T on the weekend (ADVANCED II - ROAD CIRCUIT -) and have learned that I really need to work more on my riding position, a little bit more body lean into the corner so I can keep the bike in a slightly more upright position to compensate. I have lots of practise to do! I wish I was taller.
Welcome sibi! I'm a noob in the forum too, greetings from Spain!

I wish we could have riders training here, but there is none, only Honda do one focus on security. But we don't have that kind of training.

Here we learn by the force jaja.

Regards! Enjoy!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great pictures. Looks like the ergos couldn't get any better for you. How have you found the riding position to be for both short and long distance riding?
Hi!
I haven't put enough Kilometeres down on this bike to tell you how it fares for long distance but my usual rides are between 150 to 300km and I don't have any issues. I could easily keep riding. Initially I felt the standard seat uncomfortable after an hour of riding but I'm now used to it, or it's used to me :)
Coming up at the beginning of March I'm going on a 4 day road trip around Jindabyne snowy mountain regions of NSW with a few friends. It is an annual motorcycle meet with about 50 other motorcycling friends around Australia. I will do a little write up of how the trip and bike were.

I went for my first decent ride today after the motorcycle training last weekend and worked on putting a lot of the info together, did really well but still need to practice to make it second nature so I don't have to think about it and it all comes naturally, I worked on my throttle blipping in down shifts, body positioning into corners using more upper body lean (virtually kissing the mirror). Slowing my corner entry speed and getting set up earlier, gripping the tank tighter and putting NO weight on the bars, only using them to push in and out of corners.

Before this bike I rode a Ninja 300 and I was very capable on it. It was my learner bike and it inspired so much confidence. I did long road trips and it never skipped a beat, yes other bikes were faster on the straight but I could catch up to them through the twisties mostly. Having upgraded to the XSR I am almost feeling like I have to start learning all over again. The power delivery is different, the seating position is different and a whole new personality. I can't wait to ride this bike to its full potential!

Sorry for ranting

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lol thanks for that info, 2 days ago my partner and I were talking about getting aftermarket pegs with no feelers on when he suggested we just hacksaw them off, now I know we can simply unscrew them. Thanks again!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts