XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I kind of like the original accessory tool bag from Yamaha but there a couple of things that bother me: it's a bit small, it's leather (cool but not so good when wet) and not waterproof and also very expensive.
I wanted something a bit bigger to carry on the back seat, something where I could store my light wet-weather gear, a puncture kit and maybe a few other small items.
I found the right bad for me: a waterproof bag designed for bicycle touring: Rockbros handlebar bag.
I added a couple of adjustable straps with quick-release buckles to secure the bag down while still allowing me to extend them to secure something a bit larger when running errands.

rear pouch_1 by gnarlydog, on Flickr

Here shown mounted with the single seat, but works fine with the standard double seat too

rear pouch_2 by gnarlydog, on Flickr

I found several other options (mainly black) but I like the look/finish of this dry-bag style gear bag.
Any other suggestions beside the standard official Yamaha items?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Attachments

·
Registered
309 Posts
I've found there are a lot of bicycle bags that work on motorcycles, I have a small set of panniers on my Honda CB300R that do the job and don't detract (too much) from the looks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
rear pouch_1 by gnarlydog, on Flickr

Here shown mounted with the single seat, but works fine with the standard double seat to

I found several other options (mainly black) but I like the look/finish of this dry-bag style gear bag.
Any other suggestions beside the standard official Yamaha items?
[/QUOTE]

This is giving me some Ideas! I also want a better tool kit with me. I like where you attached the quick-release to the back fender. I some Kriega bags that I've had trouble keeping in place on the standard XSR700 seat. But was looking for a way to attach their loops, like on an adventure bike... hmmmm..... https://kriega.us/osadventure-packs-1/os-rack-loops

1 - 11 of 11 Posts