XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks,

can anyone tell me if there are any differences between the model years other than the colour? Any further developments, improvements etc.? 2021 is Euro5 compliant, but what happened beyond that between 2016 and 2021.

Is there an overview of the colours according to their model years anywhere?

Thank you very much and happy Easter,

Emmi

·
Registered
411 Posts
Hi Emmi,

there are no changes since 2016. except some different parts for the XTribute model, all same same since 2016.

BR
hombacher

·
Registered
266 Posts
Doesn't 2021 have bigger front discs and slightly different cat/exhaust? I wouldn't get hung up on colours, if buying used get the lowest mileage, best looked after example with the mods mostly done and then it's relatively cheap to change the colour of panels/wheels etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello folks,

can anyone tell me if there are any differences between the model years other than the colour? Any further developments, improvements etc.? 2021 is Euro5 compliant, but what happened beyond that between 2016 and 2021.

Is there an overview of the colours according to their model years anywhere?

Thank you very much and happy Easter,

Emmi
Hi Emmi, see my post here (New model 2021 EURO5??). You can see the changes they made to the new model (2021).

Jasper

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys, thank you very much. Awesome. Does the xTribute Model has any advantages over the normal one you dont want to miss? No Development since 2016? Wow, it sounds like a perfect bike!

"the mods mostly done" – what mods seemed to be the most required ones?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Na, it is Yamaha, they do not push every or every second year an upgraded update. The XSR is a good motorcycle and with some little upgrades, to be performed by yourself, it is a very good motorcycle. Following your personal requirements or demands, it is more or less a perfect bike.

60th anniversary, from 2016, was a little different in details, the black coated inner fork tubes or the black/black seat cover. It was limited and can be a little bit more expensive compared to a standard.

XTribute is tending to the classic XT 500 optics, silver alu tank, the nicely shaped seat, the handle bar in 80s Moto-Cross style, the relocated speedo, already nicely inverted, the larger off-road pegs. In total XTribute has a little bit more balanced optics, for those who worry about the deep seat pan of the standard XSR.

Maybe you should not ask if you can not handle fifty answers, most owners will tell you different things what is urgent to change. Some days ago my wife offered me some kilometers on her new XSR, better XTribute. It just makes you feel happy, you can get into a flow with ease. So my first things to change

- tires (not for XTribute), swap against a set of sport touring tires as soon when the OEM Phantom Sportscomp are done,

- the speedo location (not for XTribute), it is nothing for elder people like me, head down too close to read,

- the seat, the OEM seat is not that comfy, not sure, what to do first, maybe seat before speedo? But for both there is no real urgent need.

Now it is up to you, make your decision,

BR
hombacher

·
Registered
2 Posts
Basically 2021 at least in europe has:
1. Michelin Road 5 tyres
2. Bigger brake discs at front
3. A bit different exhaust / catalysator

There is no inverted display in 2021. Not sure if battery is any different, but I would not hold my breath on it either. Basically Japanese are the masters of not changing things.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I put an XTribute seat on mine, bought from my local Yamaha dealer - what a difference, best "mod" to date along with Pilot Road 4 tyres in place of the Phantoms when they wore out. I think I'll be moving on to an XSR900, ride it as standard for a bit then have it transformed by Velocity-Moto into an RD900LC:

·
Registered
303 Posts
I put an XTribute seat on mine, bought from my local Yamaha dealer - what a difference, best "mod" to date along with Pilot Road 4 tyres in place of the Phantoms when they wore out. I think I'll be moving on to an XSR900, ride it as standard for a bit then have it transformed by Moto Velocity into an RD900LC: View attachment 25854

·
Registered
303 Posts
I put an XTribute seat on mine, bought from my local Yamaha dealer - what a difference, best "mod" to date along with Pilot Road 4 tyres in place of the Phantoms when they wore out. I think I'll be moving on to an XSR900, ride it as standard for a bit then have it transformed by Velocity-Moto into an RD900LC:
We'll be rocking 900s in 2022-23. I think you'll get one first. Can't wait for your review.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts