XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
huy guys.

this is my first post other than my intro. hoping to get some insight from those experienced and well informed..

i installed an ixil LX3 hyperlow exhaust a few weeks ago. it sounds absolutely fabulous, particularly without the baffles:grin2: but that was enjoyed for a little ride around the block. need to keep the neighbours happy.

since installing though, i have come across 2 issues:
issue 1 was the immediate affect of the check engine indicator turning on. looking back now, am unsure the exact moment it occurred, but if memory serves me correct, light flicked on the immidiately after ignition. (turning on for the 1st time after i installed the exhaust)

am trying to segregate the issue but can only think of below
1) damaged the O2 sensor during install
2) didn't install the system properly and there's potentially a leak. either at the engine/header or header/muffler

issue 2 potential loss of power when compared to stock system.
unsure if any link to issue 1, but i feel as though there's loss in torque delivery in lower revs for gear 2+3. i suspect it's all in my head as i naively expected improved performance:laugh:

i couldn't find any data or info on the exhaust system's performance (unlike the claimed 3hp? added by SC project) but nor have i found any complaints about my ixil either.

has anybody had similar problems at all? any comments would be greatly appreciated.

i've got my 1000km service coming in 30kms. don't want to be slammed with silly repairs. but if it's just a matter of resetting the light, would i need to pay for it or you think it'll be part of the service??

cheers guys. looking forward to touching base with those kind enough to advise.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Oh, oh_bama,

It depends to your relationship to your Yamaha dealer. He can reset the light free of charge, or you have to pay for it.

People made the motor light coming up, when the O2 sensor was unconnected by turning on ignition. This can only resettled by Yamaha service. I do not know if the motor light also causes the power loss in means of diagnostic mode.

Otherwise it is the IXIL exhaust...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Hombacher,

thanks man. took it in for my 1000km service this morning. was all good. they ran fault diagnostic and did a reset for free. turns out the O2 sensor was loose. fixed and zero $$$!!

Oh, oh_bama,

It depends to your relationship to your Yamaha dealer. He can reset the light free of charge, or you have to pay for it.

People made the motor light coming up, when the O2 sensor was unconnected by turning on ignition. This can only resettled by Yamaha service. I do not know if the motor light also causes the power loss in means of diagnostic mode.

Otherwise it is the IXIL exhaust...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Reflashing the ECU and retuning should fix that issue. I have a Yoshimura R77 full exhaust and disconnected my O2 sensor and I have no engine light on. When changing out your exhaust, you should retune your fuel mapping at the very least or your bike will run lean which can be damaging to the motor over the long term.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts