XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
i finally had my very first ride with my new XSR700!
The bike is amazing...i love the engine (also if i'm still on my first 1000Km...so i ride very slowly), the gearbox and the handling.
The bike it's really light and it's a pleasure to ride.
The only but BIG complain it's about the "original Seat".

I think the seat it's too firm and a slippery.
It'a a bit uncomfortable the part where the seat joins with the tank...its' too thin

I immediately thought to buy one the two seats from original accessories.

I think the Flat Seat it's cool, but on the pictures seems to be a bit sloping.
I think i will buy the Solo Seat...which is flatter than the original one and with a different coating

Some of you guys have already experienced one of these seats from the Yamaha accessories??

Thank you, guys

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have the solo seat and it's definitly firm. The original one is softer i believe. Not sure though.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I suffered the seat for the first three weeks. It was terrible, my tailbone hurt badly after a few hours of riding. Right now it's been five weeks since I got the bike and I can tell you that my butt got used to the seat and no longer hurts after long rides. However I still not discard taking the seat to have it filled with gel and visco elastic.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also thought i have to adapt my ass to the new seat!
I tried the two seats but not riding the bikes and the solo seat it seems to be firm but a bit more comfortable than the standard one (i remember it was flatter than the original one and with a more comfortable (and less slippery too) coating!

The flat seat it's cool and i remember it's more padded...but i had the impression it was a bit sloping towards the tank
Some one you, guys have experienced the flat tank? What do you think about it, expecially compared to the original seat?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you compare the two images about the two seats, it's clear the "Solo Seat" it's bigger and cozy for the rider.
The "Standard One" it's shorter and more sloping on the back

It's only my impressions, or that's true?

Please, help me to understand if the Solo Seat is more comfortable or not!
On Yamaha Website the Solo Seat it's described as more comfortable than the standard one

I don't care only about the hardness of the seat but, above all, about the space for the ass, the being flatter and longer!

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I feel pretty comfortable with the original handlebar!
I only need a less sloppery but more bigger and wider seat.

I think i could solve my problem with this "Solo Seat"

·
Registered
226 Posts
I feel ok with the seat and the handle bar. But at the beggining I had the same slippery feeling you talk about.

·
Registered
324 Posts
A cheap way to help with the slipping is to go to your home improvement store and get some grip tape. The kind that's made for wet stairs, ramps, etc.
It's a cheap diy fix that'll keep you firmly planted but I can't promise that you can easily remove the stuff later. :grin2:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I already have the Tank Grips!
In my second ride i felt the seat a bit better...maybe i just need some days to adapt myself to the new bike!
By the way, i really love the "Single Seat".
I mean, not only for the way it looks, but i think his comfort is better than the Standard Seat and it allows you to load up a bag on the back without problems!
I think it will be my next upgrate!

I'm also thinking about the Knukle Guards...they look very cool!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Give it few weeks and put some more miles on.
The foam will compress a bit over time and your butt will get more used to it.

I have just bought a new bicycle and have commuted to work on it for the last two days, now that has a hard seat.

Back on the XSR this morning, pure luxury :smile2:

·
Registered
46 Posts
A cheap way to help with the slipping is to go to your home improvement store and get some grip tape. The kind that's made for wet stairs, ramps, etc.
It's a cheap diy fix that'll keep you firmly planted but I can't promise that you can easily remove the stuff later. :grin2:
It'll most likely rip the arse out of your trousers as well, better to use Velcro on the seat and trousers:grin2:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I agree!

And i think the Single Seat looks even better...i never liked too much the Standard Seat shape!

·
Super Moderator
636 Posts
The solo seat is a similar size and shape to the rider's part of the standard dual seat - perhaps a little bit more spacious. Firmness is similar - both are on the firm side but, IMHO, not uncomfortable. The solo seat top is covered in a 'suede' type finish which is far less slippy than the standard seat, though harder to wipe clean. It looks great on the bike, especially if you remove the pillion footrests as well. It's also quite reasonably priced compared to most of the listed accessories.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts