XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a rissing issue of bike theft especially when out ridding, delibrate crashes etc. It got me thinking how hard would it be to put an additional "kill switch on bike".Parked up always on disc lock but this is more when suddenly seperated from bike.

Ideally one working as a keyless start. So if bike is turned off and you dont have the card / unit with you it cant start. Alternatively using some sort of a small remove where you can trigger / disable additional kill switch before starting the bike

Wondering if anyone has come across any kits like this and or fitted one

·
Registered
373 Posts
I bought a Scorpio SR-i900R several years ago and have had it on four or five different bikes. I haven't installed it on the XSR yet but it's quite easy, even without the factory connectors. One of the accessories you can get is an ignition disabler (which I don't have) but even without that, it has a remote that talks to the alarm and if it's triggered, the remote goes off too. It's loud as **** and once in a while I'll forget to turn it off, then hop on the bike and it goes off scaring the daylights out of me. Can't get the thing turned off fast enough. In 2008 or 2009 I was in Winslow, AZ on a trip and I was awakened in the middle of the night with the alarm going off. I got to the window in my motel just in time to see a couple guys running like **** to get away. If not for the alarm, I'm sure I would have lost the bike.. Here's a link to the alarm https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/scorpio-srx-900-security-system

1 - 2 of 2 Posts